Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
**** ive wanted these for some time just cant bring my self to spend that much money on tail lights. they tie in perfect with the LED reflectors.
Yes they are pretty expensive but definitely worth it if I must say so myself. I agree they match great with them.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
320 Posts
Just finished installing them, they look really nice :) Looks much better in person since my camera sucks and doesn't show the individual LED lights but instead blends them all together

2014-02-08 22.38.51.jpg

·
Registered
2012 KIA OPTIMA
821 Posts
The things we non sx drivers have to go through, nevertheless the best mod ever!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just finished installing them, they look really nice :) Looks much better in person since my camera sucks and doesn't show the individual LED lights but instead blends them all together

View attachment 77193
Very nice! Glad you got them installed. I'm sure these things look night and day difference over the previous non-LED type you had. :thumbsup:

The things we non sx drivers have to go through, nevertheless the best mod ever!
I agree 100%!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I want them SO BAD!!!!

But I can't spend this money now... :-(

Definitely my next mod !!

Nice product Dave!

Marcelo

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I want them SO BAD!!!!

But I can't spend this money now... :-(

Definitely my next mod !!

Nice product Dave!

Marcelo
I know what you mean. This is hands down one of the best appearance mods you can do to your optima. Let me know whenever you're ready. Thank you! ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow, I've rarely seen the non-LEDs at night and the LEDs just look so much better and fit with the overall style of the car so much more. I think the only thing that I wish our LED tail lights had was that little red patch that extends beyond the lights, I wish the lights followed the shape of that, that'd be sick.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Wow, I've rarely seen the non-LEDs at night and the LEDs just look so much better and fit with the overall style of the car so much more. I think the only thing that I wish our LED tail lights had was that little red patch that extends beyond the lights, I wish the lights followed the shape of that, that'd be sick.
I have to agree with you on this! The LED tails are the single most attractive thing on the Optima IMHO! I think they really define the way the car looks on the road at night.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ordered these with the LED bumper lights and eagerly waiting the install. Pics soon. Thanks for the products, David!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think the 3 leds on the side are due to a US law. They are meant to be seen from the side so someone can have a perspective of where your car is. David, is this correct? Maybe these lights aren't the ones destined for US market.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I think the 3 leds on the side are due to a US law. They are meant to be seen from the side so someone can have a perspective of where your car is. David, is this correct? Maybe these lights aren't the ones destined for US market.
I am not aware of any law in the US requiring this. However it may be a DOT regulation in the US. You will never get pulled over for not having them though. These are made in Korea by KIA and are compatible on all KIA Optima models, but they are not destined for the US originally, you are correct.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts