K5 Optima Store Vendor
Santa Fe/350z
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is excited to bring to the Optima community:

2011-2015 Kia Optima Center Console Tray Insert

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Kia Optima aftermarket center console tray insert allows for an additional 4 compartments of storage
Hard durable direct molded plastic, which fits the center console near perfectly
Direct drop in piece, no modification necessary
In stock with free shipping within the US

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima (All Models)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,936 Posts
This just came in today. I really like this little piece. It adds a really nice touch to the center console and keeps my stuff more organized. Thanks guys for another great product!
Glad to hear, thanks for posting the pic as well Mike. We definitely appreciate your business.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
This just came in today. I really like this little piece. It adds a really nice touch to the center console and keeps my stuff more organized. Thanks guys for another great product!
Awesome addition to your console Mike, just a question here guys, so is it suppose to sit flush on the top and a perfect fit or does it sit low below like what Mike posted in the picture? If it's not a perfect fit, maybe you can add some 3M tape on the 3 sides so that it can stay further up and looking somewhat more flush to the top level. Just giving some ideas and I will make mine that way pretty soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
So is it suppose to sit flush on the top and a perfect fit or does it sit low below like what Mike posted in the picture? If it's not a perfect fit, maybe you can add some 3M tape on the 3 sides so that it can stay further up and looking somewhat more flush to the top level. Just giving some ideas and I will make mine that way pretty soon.
It is supposed to sit just like it shows in the pic Mike posted and the pics we have shown in the 1st post in this thread and on our site.

I took the images myself when a customer came in store here to buy the item. :)

You most likely could add something underneath to have it sit higher up if you wanted too.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
It is supposed to sit just like it shows in the pic Mike posted and the pics we have shown in the 1st post in this thread and on our site.

I took the images myself when a customer came in store here to buy the item. :)

You most likely could add something underneath to have it sit higher up if you wanted too.
The pic in your first post shows it sitting pretty flush and in Mike pic its sitting about an inch below!! No biggie but I hate to see its sitting low like that and I'm sure it can be raise with some 3M tape or something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
The pic in your first post shows it sitting pretty flush and in Mike pic its sitting about an inch below!! No biggie but I hate to see its sitting low like that and I'm sure it can be raise with some 3M tape or something.
Ahh yes I do see what you are saying now. In the pic I took I just set it inside there, but then there is a little movement, so if you push it down it becomes nice and secure in place.

If you were to put some nice strips of 3M tape underneath all the way around, it should do the trick. :thumbsup:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
Ahh ok I see what you are saying. Yeah I just had not pushed it down all the way into place in the first pic.

Yes it's easily can be push down and sitting unevenly as well but I think we all agreed that 3M tape will definite helps with this minor issue.
As long as it's pushed into place, it should fit great and not be uneven. I'm sure 3M tape will help to lift the height of it if a customer desires, but just want to be sure to be clear to anyone reading this post, that the product works fine without any modification or additional use of 3M tape. :thumbsup:

There's still plenty of space underneath. I pushed mine done to fit snug.
I agree, when test fitting one here at our shop, it fit nice and snug once put in place.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
The ad says it fits model years 2011-2015 Optima. Will it fit the center console of the 2016 Optima?
No sir, the description showing model years & compatibility of products on our site will always be accurate and up to date.

We will be releasing the new center console tray for the 16+ models next week to the website. :)

·
Registered
2013 Optima
10 Posts
Hi. My 2013 Optima didn't have any sort of tray, so I am interested in this. HOWEVER, living in Australia the whole car is "flipped" to how most of you have yours in North America. Is there a version of this tray that will work for me?

I could be wrong... there may be no difference (no "flip") for the centre console...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts