· Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is proud to introduce to the forum, another great Carbon Fiber product:

The 2011-2015 Kia Optima Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

(BUY NOW)

Description:
Add a touch of class and style to your Optima with these carbon fiber mirror caps
OEM fitment over your existing mirror caps
They are 100% hand laid using epoxy resin
Great strength to stiffness ratio
High gloss clear coat
Easy installation

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima (All trims)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

· Registered
21 Posts
These mirror caps are awesome. The hardest part of the installation process was getting the backing from the 3m tape. They look great. I did have the mirrors tilted back to ease the process of installation. Thanks again to everyone at the K5 store for a great product,good price and fast shipping.

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
These mirror caps are awesome. The hardest part of the installation process was getting the backing from the 3m tape. They look great. I did have the mirrors tilted back to ease the process of installation. Thanks again to everyone at the K5 store for a great product,good price and fast shipping.
Thank you for your order with us. Very happy to hear you are enjoying them. We cannot seem to keep these things in stock. (Which is a good thing) :)

Post up some photos of them when you get a chance! :thumbsup:

· Registered
2014 KIA Optima Hybrid
18 Posts
Purchased these from K5 Optima Store last week and I was a little doubtful looking at some of the pictures online but after seeing these in person I was sold! The quality of the carbon fiber lay is amazing and there is no flex in the weave. I do highly recommend either wrapping or dipping the mirror cover prior to putting the covers on. You should have K5 put the tape of as it's just easier and honestly cheaper than going to the store and buying the product and doing it yourself. I didn't dip mine the first time and removing these caps was a pain in the fingers! I ended up burning my finger tips trying to pull off the cap from the mirror, the 3M tape is truly STRONG!

Here are a couple photos!

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
Purchased these from K5 Optima Store last week and I was a little doubtful looking at some of the pictures online but after seeing these in person I was sold! The quality of the carbon fiber lay is amazing and there is no flex in the weave. I do highly recommend either wrapping or dipping the mirror cover prior to putting the covers on. You should have K5 put the tape of as it's just easier and honestly cheaper than going to the store and buying the product and doing it yourself. I didn't dip mine the first time and removing these caps was a pain in the fingers! I ended up burning my finger tips trying to pull off the cap from the mirror, the 3M tape is truly STRONG!

Here are a couple photos!

Bryan, thank you for posting up pics for others to see. Looks great man! :thumbsup:

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts

· Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,460 Posts
Hello folks!

Here are my photos. The carbon fiber mirror covers gave a nice elegant touch to my car and I'm very satisfied with them.
In 15 minutes, a little patience and it was installed!

Thanks David!

I've not purchased these (yet) but I'm a bit unclear on what has to be Plasti-dipped before installing the new CF covers.

Did you do that or did you just remove the stock ones and put the CF covers on in their place?

· Vendor
Santa Fe/350z
668 Posts
I've not purchased these (yet) but I'm a bit unclear on what has to be Plasti-dipped before installing the new CF covers.

Did you do that or did you just remove the stock ones and put the CF covers on in their place?
If you don't have a black Optima we recommend plasti dipping your stock mirror cover black. Then install the CF cap over (this has to be done and can not be installed in place of the stock mirror caps) This ensures the best look!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Hello folks!

Here are my photos. The carbon fiber mirror covers gave a nice elegant touch to my car and I'm very satisfied with them.

Thanks David!

Thanks for your order and the great photos!! They look amazing

· Registered
140 Posts

If you don't have a black Optima we recommend plasti dipping your stock mirror cover black. Then install the CF cap over (this has to be done and can not be installed in place of the stock mirror caps) This ensures the best look!
If you have to plastidip them, I suggest you to remove them.
Buy them already taped with 3M and when they're ready to install, start from the inside / top and keep pressing it on the way to the bottom / Out. It will align perfectly.

Thanks for your order and the great photos!! They look amazing
Thanks!

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,214 Posts
Hello folks!

Thanks David!

Thank you for your order with us! They look great!

Paul is exactly correct in what he posted above. Super simple to remove the original covers and plastidip them to ensure the brighter color does not shine through. (If you have a white, red, blue or silver Optima)

If you have to plastidip them, I suggest you to remove them.
Buy them already taped with 3M and when they're ready to install, start from the inside / top and keep pressing it on the way to the bottom / Out. It will align perfectly.

Thanks!
Thanks Marcelo for the tip. Do you mind if we use one of your pics to add to the site?

· 03/2015 ROTM
2013 Duh EX
2,118 Posts
Hello folks!

Nice. Any pics from the other side? Want to see how they line up on the mirror side.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts