Kia Optima Forums banner

281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
10 Posts
Had to order me a set tonight. Looking forward to slapping some lamin-x on em and poppin' them in place :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Had to order me a set tonight. Looking forward to slapping some lamin-x on em and poppin' them in place :)
Thank you very much for your order with us. Please post up some pics once installed.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
10 Posts
Fresh install

Alright ... these puppies came Wednesday (sooner than I expected) but I just got around to installing them. I wired them with the the low level on the tail lights and high level on the turn signals. The install was painless. It took me about 3 hours including a few breaks.... it was hot out today :p

Here are a few pics... note I did put Charcoal Lamin-X on them so they are a little dim in the daylight just like my tail lights.

back_002.jpg
Off
back_004.jpg
Low
back_003.jpg
High
back_005.jpg
night

Thank you David & the K5 Optima Store! :thumbsup:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Alright ... these puppies came Wednesday (sooner than I expected) but I just got around to installing them. I wired them with the the low level on the tail lights and high level on the turn signals. The install was painless. It took me about 3 hours including a few breaks.... it was hot out today :p

Here are a few pics... note I did put Charcoal Lamin-X on them so they are a little dim in the daylight just like my tail lights.

View attachment 110970
Off
View attachment 110986
Low
View attachment 110978
High
View attachment 111090
night

Thank you David & the K5 Optima Store! :thumbsup:
Man these pics look great! Thank you for sharing them for the rest of the forum to see.

You're very welcome, and thank you for your business.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Just made my purchase for the bumper lights. I'm looking forward to the install and I'll post pics when I finish. Thank you David for your generosity to us Veterans.
Thank you for your order with us on the site. You are very welcome!

·
(Formerly SR11K5)
2011 K5
743 Posts
Man I gotta get mine in, oif were the wires pre extended?

Sent from a Mobile Doohickie that's awesome.

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,816 Posts

Theres quite a bit of wire on these and you should be fine. I really can't remember if I added any wire to mine. I don't think I did. Even if you have to its pretty easy to do. One thing I did add though is a plug for each one. That way if I ever have to take the bumper off, I can just unplug them and not worry about the bumper being tethered to the car if I need room. Let me know if you have any install questions.

Eric

·
Registered
2012 Optima
285 Posts

They are long enough if you run it through the hole for the tail lights. If you plan to run them through the rubber grommet located behind the center of the bumper then you'll need to add 3 feet or so. I didnt consider running the wires through the big vents I wouldnt want them to be permently open. I think its a pretty simple install just plan on 2.5 - 3 hours.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
88 Posts
So, is there any way to do this mod, with these lights, in which you don't have to remove the bumper?

·
Registered
2012 Optima
285 Posts
Have a stubby screwdriver for the 2 screws behind the bumper that are exposed after you remove the tail lights and the 2 screws halfway up the rear tires in the wheel well. I found it to be a easy install just time consuming.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima (K5)
31 Posts
I installed these last year and it makes the car. Install is easy but time consuming. Fun weekend project. :)

Must have!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
So, is there any way to do this mod, with these lights, in which you don't have to remove the bumper?
No, unfortunately as mentioned above the bumper needs to come off to install these.

Just ordered my set cant wait to get them babies installed!!!!
Doug thank you very much for your order!

I installed these last year and it makes the car. Install is easy but time consuming. Fun weekend project. :)

Must have!
I agree, this is a great product that really makes a difference on the way the car looks. It is a little time-consuming when installed right though.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
49 Posts
Do you guys know if they will me making them to match how the 2014 Optimas rears look with being a solid LED instead of seeing individual ones?

281 - 300 of 332 Posts