Introducing the newest item added to our site:
The 2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LED DRL

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE US!

(BUY NOW)

Description:

1 pair of OEM
MOBIS/Kia Parts LED DRL's (2 pieces)
Xenon White in color 6 LED lights in each lamp
These are built to last and are 100% weatherproof.
LED Daytime Running Lights are sure to set you apart from the rest.
These definitely add that refined touch that should have come equipped on the vehicle from
factory.

Vehicle Applications:
2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Models Only

Package Contents:
(2) LED DRL's (left and right),
(2) Gloss Black Bezels (left and right)
(1 Year Warranty)
Customer is required to pay shipping for warranty claims.
We will cover the return shipping back to you.

DIY Install Link

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima KOH
301 Posts
These look very nice. Question... do you need to cut part of your bumper to install these? In Canada, we have our headlights run low (not the HID) for daytime running lights. How are these connected in? Is the fog light LED as well?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
These look very nice. Question... do you need to cut part of your bumper to install these? In Canada, we have our headlights run low (not the HID) for daytime running lights. How are these connected in? Is the fog light LED as well?
I believe you have to cut your bumper like the rest of us did and you will need to use your stock fog lights integrated with the new bezels that will come with the new DRL leds. There's a member in Ottawa name Ty66666 and he upgraded his Hybrid drl similar to these, you should PM him and maybe he can help you out. GL and post up pics if you decided to buy it and install.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, we think so too! :grin:

Yes with the Hybrid DRL's and regular style DRL's for the 2011-2013 Kia Optima, there is a very small portion of the bumper support underneath the bumper that needs to be cut in order to fit the Daytime Running Lights. The cutting of the small section on each side of the bumper support bar is much easier than most think, and is not really noticeable at all afterwards if done correctly. As far as how they are wired in, that would depend 100% on how you want them to function. Some of our customers hook them up directly to the ignition fuse on the vehicle, others hook them up to a custom switch in the cabin.

Since your 2013 Hybrid model was not originally designed from the factory to have DRL's, there is no OEM wiring you could connect too. So it's all up to you on how you want to wire them to come on.

I believe you have to cut your bumper like the rest of us did.
Yes sir you are correct on this one. ;)

You will need to use your stock fog lights integrated with the new bezels that will come with the new DRL leds.
This one I am not so sure on though, however I may be misunderstanding your reply. With these DRL's they include new fog lights and bulbs, however the LED in the strip runs completely independent of the OEM fog lights or fog light switch. Meaning that they DRL's can be turned on or off independently of the OEM fog lights and is completely dependent on how the DRL's are wired.

GL and post up pics if you decided to buy it and install.
Yes please do, because we do not have many pics of them on the forum or our site.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
6 Posts
Hey David, on the Hybrid DRLs, what model LEDs are used? I've read on some older threads where people were opening the light assembly and replacing the LEDs with 5050s or others from other vendors. Not sure if you've updated the LEDs in these to a brighter model since. TIA!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey David, on the Hybrid DRLs, what model LEDs are used? I've read on some older threads where people were opening the light assembly and replacing the LEDs with 5050s or others from other vendors. Not sure if you've updated the LEDs in these to a brighter model since. TIA!
Sorry for the confusion, at some time in the past, these were offered with modification done to them, making the LEDs brighter.

That service is no longer available, and hasn't been for several years now.

These come with the factory OEM LEDs from Kia built into them, as these are original OEM parts.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
6 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, at some time in the past, these were offered with modification done to them, making the LEDs brighter.

That service is no longer available, and hasn't been for several years now.

These come with the factory OEM LEDs from Kia built into them, as these are original OEM parts.
Thanks for clearing that up. So is the model you sell single color or dual?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for clearing that up. So is the model you sell single color or dual?
You're welcome. We sell the OEM Kia factory Daytime Running Lights.

Those were only ever offered in the single white color for the 2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid model.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
6 Posts
You're welcome. We sell the OEM Kia factory Daytime Running Lights.

Those were only ever offered in the single white color for the 2011-2013 Kia Optima Hybrid model.
Got it. Thanks for the help. I'll be ordering these and maybe the canbus control module in the next few weeks.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it. Thanks for the help. I'll be ordering these and maybe the canbus control module in the next few weeks.
My pleasure, sounds good. Just let us know if you have any questions before ordering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts