Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Kia Optima automatic has about 210,000 miles still drives great needs shocks & strouts but I haven’t had the tranny serviced forever ! Any suggestions or knowledge to share ? Please share

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
Got 300,000 miles on the '08 Optima, cheaply made, but a real workhorse with just a few problems, a/c compressor, alternator, rear wheel bearings, and constant on/off brake problems so finally replaced all calipers and hardware, but still one of the rebuilt calipers needed replacement after a period of time. Funny story about the alternator in that the charging function was still working properly, but the clutch-pulley worked it's way off and was rubbing on the body.

Compared to the '11 2.0T, although not as appealing style wise, it certainly hasn't had the problems I've had in the '11 with 1/2 the miles and I find it to be a really poorly designed car, but must say it does have nice options, actually every option available in '11.

Just drive the car and other than normal maintenance it will tell you when something is needed, no sense looking for problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.