Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think the SXL already had these...
No, they have a single cylinder caliper.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Great review of how they're still working out for ya! How much for the "Julian, make them for Jason" pair? :D
Probably cheaper to buy a BBK!!!!.....;)

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Julio Kia have you tried mounting the spare donut, does it clear the caliper?
I never had a spare !...I have all my air-ride equipment back there.

·
Registered
2016 Kia SX
147 Posts
I had to "clock" (rotate) the brake lines where they attach to the calipers, but re-used the stock lines without issue.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
I had to "clock" (rotate) the brake lines where they attach to the calipers, but re-used the stock lines without issue.
And did you use the brake line bolt from the original or used the new one that came with the 2 piston calipers. Btw how are you liking them so far? Is it really worth it or am I wasting my time.

·
Registered
2016 Kia SX
147 Posts
I simply disconnected the OEM lines from the OEM calipers and attached them to the XG350 calipers. I didn't know the car that well when I put them on, but after driving other cars, I get back in and notice the feel is really increased. It will depend on your choice of pads, of course. If you plan on putting dustless, high-mileage type pads in there is no point to this mod. My EBC redstuffs are okay; they make dust like an Oklahoma dust storm but it hauls down when it needs to. I plan on tryin G-LOC pads next with even higher hopes for the performance. I also added speed bleeder bleed nipples while I was changing the claipers so bleeding is a one man affair going forward :cool: Be sure to use a good quality fluid and change it "regularly" (I change my brake fluid and trans fluid more than called for; cheap maintenance).

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
I simply disconnected the OEM lines from the OEM calipers and attached them to the XG350 calipers. I didn't know the car that well when I put them on, but after driving other cars, I get back in and notice the feel is really increased. It will depend on your choice of pads, of course. If you plan on putting dustless, high-mileage type pads in there is no point to this mod. My EBC redstuffs are okay; they make dust like an Oklahoma dust storm but it hauls down when it needs to. I plan on tryin G-LOC pads next with even higher hopes for the performance. I also added speed bleeder bleed nipples while I was changing the claipers so bleeding is a one man affair going forward :cool: Be sure to use a good quality fluid and change it "regularly" (I change my brake fluid and trans fluid more than called for; cheap maintenance).
Thanks! I plan to go with the Brake Pads Julio Kia mentioned. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C1Q6PA?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20
what do you think about those?

·
Registered
2016 Kia SX
147 Posts
Thanks! I plan to go with the Brake Pads Julio Kia mentioned. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C1Q6PA?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20
what do you think about those?
Depends what you're after. Those look very "OEM" to me. My EBC redstuffs dust like an S.O.B but feel stronger than stock which I prefer. Each to their own. I passed 7 cars closer to the end of a 'T' intersection of a highway than I thought it was this summer, and my passenger said "I get why you upgraded your brakes but not the power, now.".

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
34 Posts
Will these calipers work on my 2015 LX? I read thru the post and didn't see anyone say yes or no.

Thank you Allen

·
Registered
2016 Kia SX
147 Posts
Will these calipers work on my 2015 LX? I read thru the post and didn't see anyone say yes or no.
Thank you Allen
I would suspect no. I think only the SX and SX-L have the larger front rotors which match these calipers.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
14 Posts

Thank you Allen
The XG350 caliper setup will fit 2014-2015 models. However you will have to get the larger SX rotors. Cross-referenced the part numbers for those years and they match up.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts