Kia Optima Forums banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
350 Posts
Sadly i already know whats gonna happen here..just like the LX/EX Diffuser, everybody wants it when its in production/non-existent, but when it finally comes out everybody is silent/MIA because of pricing lol :sadbanana:
I saved up for one haha. Too bad it's not ready for the 2015 model!

·
02/2015 ROTM
770 Posts
Sadly i already know whats gonna happen here..just like the LX/EX Diffuser, everybody wants it when its in production/non-existent, but when it finally comes out everybody is silent/MIA because of pricing lol :sadbanana:
Lol sheeeeeet I don't blame anyone! I wouldn't pay 300$+ for a diffuser that looks exactly like the stock one just to have it in CF. Then some extra chedder just to get the fins!!! If there were more optima enthusiasts in Colorado I'd post some type of deal on Mine and Nikko's vinyl page for wrapping LX/EX diffusers for half that price..

www.Facebook.com/C.SpringsGarageWrapz

·
10/2012 + 11/2013 ROTM
2011 2.4L
4,445 Posts
lol
interesting i had a convo with my wife yesterday about this. shes like if you want it we can save up and get it. im still unsure since we have not seen any numbers or any damages that might be happening.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It's up to the community of owners to want it bad enough to start throwing money after it. Company's see you guys spending cash trying to make it happen, they are more likely to spend time and money on helping the platform obtain the goal.

Nothing is impossible, but many things appear "not profitable" or even a potential huge waist of time and money for a company to invest.

That was the mindset I had with regard to the 2.0T GDI engine. And look where we are at now! About to build an engine with forged internals, made my own **** turbo kit. And even without all of that, we're almost in the 12's 1/4 mile and breaking 300whp easy.

Hopefully it's not just the beginning.

·
Registered
2011 hyundai Sonata
44 Posts
It's up to the community of owners to want it bad enough to start throwing money after it. Company's see you guys spending cash trying to make it happen, they are more likely to spend time and money on helping the platform obtain the goal.

Nothing is impossible, but many things appear "not profitable" or even a potential huge waist of time and money for a company to invest.

That was the mindset I had with regard to the 2.0T GDI engine. And look where we are at now! About to build an engine with forged internals, made my own **** turbo kit. And even without all of that, we're almost in the 12's 1/4 mile and breaking 300whp easy.

Hopefully it's not just the beginning.

agreed!!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Contact Turbo-kits.com as they already have a kit for the Kia Forte 2.0 and 2.4ltr that can cheaply be made to fit our application.

But I know they have a manifold that already fits our engine block perfectly and has been tried and true build quality.

That's what you guys need, a company who will support your "kit" not just sell it to you from miles away.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i've alredy reached out to turboKits to see what would work for the Optima 2.4 just waiting for a response. im assuming it would still need a tune and dyno and idk where i can do that in AZ so thats another thing im looking into

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

got a response from Turbokits.com and they stating they hadn't done an install on the optima 2.4 yet but they said it should bolt up fine, but would prob need custom tune and eeu reflash but hadn't responded to me weather they do that or not, and im not sure of anyone in AZ that can custom tune. i have a buddy that owns a speed shop but not sure if i completly trust him not to ruin my car.. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

anyone on the East coast willing to be a donor vehicle for turbokits.com lets get this thing going.. i would do it but im in AZ and that would be quite a trip :/

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima
1,355 Posts
i've alredy reached out to turboKits to see what would work for the Optima 2.4 just waiting for a response. im assuming it would still need a tune and dyno and idk where i can do that in AZ so thats another thing im looking into

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

got a response from Turbokits.com and they stating they hadn't done an install on the optima 2.4 yet but they said it should bolt up fine, but would prob need custom tune and eeu reflash but hadn't responded to me weather they do that or not, and im not sure of anyone in AZ that can custom tune. i have a buddy that owns a speed shop but not sure if i completly trust him not to ruin my car.. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

anyone on the East coast willing to be a donor vehicle for turbokits.com lets get this thing going.. i would do it but im in AZ and that would be quite a trip :/
Sign me up! Lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
come on people if we show some interest this could be in production w/ in a month or so @ about half the cost of what the OP had it @. get on it!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You guys would need to contact BTR since they are affiliated with TK and do tuning events at their location.

Again, getting the tuning lined up prior to any hard parts is key.

Any major firm can make a turbo fit, ****, Even I could get that part done. Without tuning, what more can you do.

Short of getting a turbo harness etc u need to confirm its tunable

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts
concept 3 just posted a customer's car with a Bolton turbo kit. First time im hearing about Bolton releasing a turbo kit. Anybody have more info on this?

161 - 180 of 194 Posts