141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
sonata
27 Posts
Subscribed to this I am. Granted this is 5k and only a dream for many. No members here have this yet?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If you guys could find tuning for the engine to handle the turbo kits, I could easily get you a turbo kit that works for this engine.

I do have a 2.4ltr short block for a reason. I plan to turbo charge it after doing a little frankenstiening to it using some parts from my 2.0T as well.

·
Banned
2012 Kia Optima
1,870 Posts
If you guys could find tuning for the engine to handle the turbo kits, I could easily get you a turbo kit that works for this engine.

I do have a 2.4ltr short block for a reason. I plan to turbo charge it after doing a little frankenstiening to it using some parts from my 2.0T as well.
Exactly....

IF you can find tuning.

Wish it was easier...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If I owned a 2.4ltr and really wanted to boost it......I would #1 get myself a turbo PCM from SFR that is virgin so it could eventually be mated to my vehicle.

Work on building or adding the circuitry to your existing harness you need to make it work with the Turbo's computer and be able to add the sensors required to convert it to boost.

Pray for a junkyard "you-pull-it" that has a crashed 2.0T which is direct injected like Sorento, Optima, Sonata, Santa Fe etc because you are going to be needing to take multiple trips out to that car for parts as you go.

But I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be too extremely hard to convert a non-turbo to turbo PCM. It's just mating it to the vehicle VIN and Can Network I would double check before purchasing stuff.

In my case, I've learned what I have by making the mistakes or jumping the gun and buying things that I was NOT 100% sure of to see if it would mate up. Some things I've made out on, some things were totally wasted moneys and/or time. The biggest thing, try to insure your parts and research investments that don't pan out, you can at least sell and wind up loosing just a little ;) Sometimes waiting months for the "Perfect" deal on a part you want to test fit. OR, broken parts from shops who you KNOW will eventually remove a part and trash it. Offer to pay shipping for it and it can still make a good test fit part. I'm rambling on now............mah bad!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
BlueSXTurbo - Look into the Kia Forte 2.4ltr Coupe or sedan. They have both a 5MT and 6MT from 13+ which also have upgraded clutch setups available on the aftermarket. So would be a nice source for a MT to do a swap on a 2.0T Optima/Sonata. Or a 2.4ltr for that matter.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Exactly....

IF you can find tuning.

Wish it was easier...
It may help that tomorrow I'm having a regional rep from Manley Performance coming by my house to look making custom pistons for both the 2.0T block and 2.4ltr block. If we can get a line-up of forged pistons for the Direct Injected engines we run, all Performance overall will probably come easier going forward.

Imagine having the ability for people to fortify these motors and through virtually unlimited boost at it. Performance companies will certainly give us a harder look. This could be the start of some really cool things for us in the future. AND some respect from other car owners, if beating them down the road wasn't enough ;)

·
Registered
2011 hyundai Sonata
44 Posts
Nice things are being said here:D MDJammin!!! But as you and Will said need a tuning and up here where I live well good luck with that lol but I really want to turbo my car, looking at it for next year!! but I got to find some tuner... sais I cant reach you KarbonKoncept your a BIT to far lol live in Quebec!! anyways MD keep your aswome work and everyone else to make this platforme more and more tunable :D:D:D

·
09/2013 ROTM, 06/2014 ROTM
2013 Optima LX
2,835 Posts
Sadly i already know whats gonna happen here..just like the LX/EX Diffuser, everybody wants it when its in production/non-existent, but when it finally comes out everybody is silent/MIA because of pricing lol :sadbanana:

141 - 160 of 194 Posts