Kia Optima Forums banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
03/2015 ROTM
2013 Duh EX
2,122 Posts
concept 3 just posted a customer's car with a Bolton turbo kit. First time im hearing about Bolton releasing a turbo kit. Anybody have more info on this?
Link?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
118 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
135 Posts
Ok so does anybody have any no **** updates or info on this subject. I've been able to find one possible source through shark racing but wanna see what others have come across.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the 2.4L guy's the wait time has finally over, Sterlin F1 has released there turbo kit for the 2.4L. It's a complete full bolt on. The kit comes with a T4 turbo, turbo manifold, down pipe to bolt onto the factory exhaust, front mount intercooler, with piping that has a HKS blowoff on it, replacement oil pan with a turbo oil feed line so you don't have to modify or tweak your factory oil pan, and colder HKS spark plugs. The price tag for this is looking at $5000.00 plus Dyno fees. But with the $5000.00 will include the parts, installation, and also custom tune with the kit. You'll be able to take all the factory pieces back with you with a powerpack, if won't be quick, but you will be able to turn everything back to factory and take it into service if it's needed.
View attachment 13943 View attachment 13944

Here is the picture of the kit, and also 2 dyno graph's. This kit makes amazing power, and also only running 0.5 bar which is slightly over 7 pounds of boost, which is moderate level for a stock motor. Also from the dyno graph, this kit making average easy 100 extra horsepower, and sorry to say I ain't sure how to convert there torque rating to our rating, but numbers don't need to be explain, just looking at the graph before and after... :shocked: holy crap batman~!!!...

These kit will be in my hands on January 25th and there will be 2 of them at the moment, for the local guy's this is a super easy time to the special pricing on this kit, and if the out of state guy's are interested this won't be able to work out, cause of the time the Sterlin guy's are in town, and the amount of time for express shipping, and cost. If the buyer is willing to pay for that, we can work something out. But for the local guy's, or the guy's willing to do some driving, hurry and get this kit before anybody and go out there and kill some 2.0T... LOL
For the 2.4L guy's the wait time has finally over, Sterlin F1 has released there turbo kit for the 2.4L. It's a complete full bolt on. The kit comes with a T4 turbo, turbo manifold, down pipe to bolt onto the factory exhaust, front mount intercooler, with piping that has a HKS blowoff on it, replacement oil pan with a turbo oil feed line so you don't have to modify or tweak your factory oil pan, and colder HKS spark plugs. The price tag for this is looking at $5000.00 plus Dyno fees. But with the $5000.00 will include the parts, installation, and also custom tune with the kit. You'll be able to take all the factory pieces back with you with a powerpack, if won't be quick, but you will be able to turn everything back to factory and take it into service if it's needed.
View attachment 13943 View attachment 13944

Here is the picture of the kit, and also 2 dyno graph's. This kit makes amazing power, and also only running 0.5 bar which is slightly over 7 pounds of boost, which is moderate level for a stock motor. Also from the dyno graph, this kit making average easy 100 extra horsepower, and sorry to say I ain't sure how to convert there torque rating to our rating, but numbers don't need to be explain, just looking at the graph before and after... :shocked: holy crap batman~!!!...

These kit will be in my hands on January 25th and there will be 2 of them at the moment, for the local guy's this is a super easy time to the special pricing on this kit, and if the out of state guy's are interested this won't be able to work out, cause of the time the Sterlin guy's are in town, and the amount of time for express shipping, and cost. If the buyer is willing to pay for that, we can work something out. But for the local guy's, or the guy's willing to do some driving, hurry and get this kit before anybody and go out there and kill some 2.0T... LOL
I just got a 2017 Optima EX 2.4L...are there other turbo kits out there and if not, how can I order myself the Sterlin F1 2.4L Turbo kit??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where do I buy this kit??? **** be so confusing...I just want my 2017 Optima EX to have some bigger balls from the getgo..and trying to pass traffic is like I'm not even pushing down on the gas pedal..the car is kinda slow lol..
I love it all don't get me wrong...but I want some get up and go, anything you guys can tell me would be appreciated

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,221 Posts
Where do I buy this kit??? **** be so confusing...I just want my 2017 Optima EX to have some bigger balls from the getgo..and trying to pass traffic is like I'm not even pushing down on the gas pedal..the car is kinda slow lol..
I love it all don't get me wrong...but I want some get up and go, anything you guys can tell me would be appreciated
This kit is NOT available and never ended up coming out.

This thread was created over 8 years ago now.

If you really want some bigger balls, trade in your EX Optima for an SX-Turbo model.

That way the internals on the engine are already forged and ready for building a stronger more powerful motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
5000 is not expensive for a full torbo kit. You are only thinking that with 7lb maximum boost that you aren't getting a lot for your money. Its not an ebay kit. And contrary to many popular honda believers. Ebay kits don't do the trick.

If it was cheap to boost everybody would do it.

Full starter kit, installed and tuned for 5000 is unheard of. Boosting my lexus cost me over 15grand to do it the right way doing all my own r and d. This kit has already been researched for you, and proven. There are hundreds, if not thousands on the streets in korea.

And as far as getting smoked, good thing I have a concept3 tune. Cuz I would be embarassed if an lx with 16 inch wheels rolled up next to me and dusted me. But I would still give props for doing it right.

Good job will on the setups, and keeping sterlin interested in you. And send me a shirt damnit...
I hope the "thousands on the streets of Korea" are running, not destroyed by kids at heart like me! Lol.
Really though, just one credit card (I like discover due to incredible 1st online purchase 3% cash back). and it is done. NO WAY, at 48 with R/A can I crawl around on the floor, even with a padded shop board
So, I have a brand new 2.4 liter that has 2,000 (max) miles on it.
5000 is not expensive for a full torbo kit. You are only thinking that with 7lb maximum boost that you aren't getting a lot for your money. Its not an ebay kit. And contrary to many popular honda believers. Ebay kits don't do the trick.

If it was cheap to boost everybody would do it.

Full starter kit, installed and tuned for 5000 is unheard of. Boosting my lexus cost me over 15grand to do it the right way doing all my own r and d. This kit has already been researched for you, and proven. There are hundreds, if not thousands on the streets in korea.

And as far as getting smoked, good thing I have a concept3 tune. Cuz I would be embarassed if an lx with 16 inch wheels rolled up next to me and dusted me. But I would still give props for doing it right.

Good job will on the setups, and keeping sterlin interested in you. And send me a shirt damnit...
I have a 2012 spicy red 2.fourever to git goin' EX with 69,200 mi and I have a new engine!! It has only 1700 miles (replaced with 67,500 mi due to defect). The defect was me trusting their free oil changes and cheap filters. Kia's part in it was offering that cvheap oil in the firstbpkace, so..there were more than shavings in my oil pan. The motor ate itself in DC traffic, plus I only start it twice per week., as I work from home.
Sdo, lets fet to it. My heads wer milled and my warranty and extended warranty (Kia lost its [email protected]# on that too) are ending in 2 years. So, I need about that much time to get my car in line for a conversion, then take itg there when they are ready for my cars turn to be converted. 300 hp?? and most likely 325 lb ft
I will take it! Now how do I swipe my DiscoverCard on this fancy phone? Lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
interesting still wondering why the base HP is 172 when i my self did 185whp. oh well but 5k? i was thinking like 1500 to 2500.
Yeah, me too. $4K installed and tuned is what it's worth. The kit us a BOLT ON; with detailed instructions and all the parts included. It takes 8 hours for an ASE mechanic that works at a speed shop to install it CORRECTLY. The kit includes an OBD plug and LCD screen that unlocks and allows the computer to make changes to your air, fuel, and spark. Also, you have to buy spark plugs that spark at higher temperatures than stock.
The only routing problem is the exhaust that turns the headers and tubes red hot, even with the included beautiful zinc coated intercooler. Turbos get HOT and cold, over and over again..which starts it to rust
..bearings go bad, seals go bad, anything touching the exhaust rusts, so there are diwn-the-road...but the here and now is when I need it!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and feedback.
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. My wife, Diane; of 20 years passed away on August 1st. At least we celebrated 20 years on July 22nd. Thanks guys.
Chris

181 - 194 of 194 Posts