Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2.4L guy's the wait time has finally over, Sterlin F1 has released there turbo kit for the 2.4L. It's a complete full bolt on. The kit comes with a T4 turbo, turbo manifold, down pipe to bolt onto the factory exhaust, front mount intercooler, with piping that has a HKS blowoff on it, replacement oil pan with a turbo oil feed line so you don't have to modify or tweak your factory oil pan, and colder HKS spark plugs. The price tag for this is looking at $5000.00 plus Dyno fees. But with the $5000.00 will include the parts, installation, and also custom tune with the kit. You'll be able to take all the factory pieces back with you with a powerpack, if won't be quick, but you will be able to turn everything back to factory and take it into service if it's needed.
DSC08093.jpg 2 다�노.jpg

Here is the picture of the kit, and also 2 dyno graph's. This kit makes amazing power, and also only running 0.5 bar which is slightly over 7 pounds of boost, which is moderate level for a stock motor. Also from the dyno graph, this kit making average easy 100 extra horsepower, and sorry to say I ain't sure how to convert there torque rating to our rating, but numbers don't need to be explain, just looking at the graph before and after... :shocked: holy crap batman~!!!...

These kit will be in my hands on January 25th and there will be 2 of them at the moment, for the local guy's this is a super easy time to the special pricing on this kit, and if the out of state guy's are interested this won't be able to work out, cause of the time the Sterlin guy's are in town, and the amount of time for express shipping, and cost. If the buyer is willing to pay for that, we can work something out. But for the local guy's, or the guy's willing to do some driving, hurry and get this kit before anybody and go out there and kill some 2.0T... LOL

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, almost tempted to buy an LX... That is an amazing power gain!
naaaaw, i love my SX too much!
not until you actually run into the guy's that has this turbo kit in his LX, and smokes you... OMG I'm even scared....

·
06/2012 ROTM
1,211 Posts
$5000? Wow, that's an expensive kit...would make more sense to upgrade to the 2.0t and spend $550 on the BTCrr tune...But I'm sure there will be at least 2.4L that will give it a try...GL Will with the turbo kit.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$5000? Wow, that's an expensive kit...would make more sense to upgrade to the 2.0t and spend $550 on the BTCrr tune...But I'm sure there will be at least 2.4L that will give it a try...GL Will with the turbo kit.
if you think about to it, $5000.00 isn't a bad price tag, if people are able to still purchase the optima LX's for around 18 and purchase this kit, you have a car that 23,000 which is still cheaper then a EX-T when it use to exist. But there should be a few people striving for more power to purchase these kits.

thank you for the wishes =)

·
Registered
215 Posts
5000 is not expensive for a full torbo kit. You are only thinking that with 7lb maximum boost that you aren't getting a lot for your money. Its not an ebay kit. And contrary to many popular honda believers. Ebay kits don't do the trick.

If it was cheap to boost everybody would do it.

Full starter kit, installed and tuned for 5000 is unheard of. Boosting my lexus cost me over 15grand to do it the right way doing all my own r and d. This kit has already been researched for you, and proven. There are hundreds, if not thousands on the streets in korea.

And as far as getting smoked, good thing I have a concept3 tune. Cuz I would be embarassed if an lx with 16 inch wheels rolled up next to me and dusted me. But I would still give props for doing it right.

Good job will on the setups, and keeping sterlin interested in you. And send me a shirt damnit...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Oh my.... lol I cant wait to see someone run this kit and see what they think of it. Glad to see R and D being put into the 2.4
This is awesome.

·
Registered
800 Posts
If I was on the west coast and my wife would not divorce me, this would be mine. I wish we could get a simple ECU tune on the 2.4L.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima SX
1,356 Posts
Can't do this to my main vehicle... But... I'll find another optima one day and make it TURBO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
160 Posts
Awesome work! I am looking forward to this getting into peoples hands, then - how things hold up after 10,000 miles.

7lbs isn't bad - I'm wondering how things hold up on the inside.

·
Registered
798 Posts
5k ouch.

I'd just rather trade my car in and out the 5k down towards a 13 SX

·
Registered
235 Posts
you have a car that 23,000 which is still cheaper then a EX-T when it use to exist.
That's weird, I paid 22,900 for my EX-T and it has a twin scroll turbo and an engine designed to take the punishment of a turbo. Oh and it has a warranty and EX-T standard features, bigger front rotors, LED brake lights.

I guess the $1500 to go from the EX to the EX-T was a bargain.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts