Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - just recently purchased my 2016 EX 2.4L and have been loving it!

I see a lot on here about engine mods, but I'm not sure what applies to those of us with a 2.4L engine. Are the majority of the available engine mods only worth it for the 2.0T or would some of them be worth it for the 2.4L?

Any input from those of you with more experience than me with Optimas or engines is appreciated :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's a question only you can answer for yourself. If you want to spend money to make the car look/sound/feel/handle a bit better than stock, then heck yeah 100% but only you know if 'x' mods are worth it. For me, it's not worth it. I like my optima so far but I'll keep it as a daily and I'm saving up for a weekend car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a question only you can answer for yourself. If you want to spend money to make the car look/sound/feel/handle a bit better than stock, then heck yeah 100% but only you know if 'x' mods are worth it. For me, it's not worth it. I like my optima so far but I'll keep it as a daily and I'm saving up for a weekend car.
You are definitely right that the answer boils down to what I want to do with my own engine. I'm more so curious to know what others have done to their 2.4L that they've been really pleased with as well as what mods apply to a non turbo engine.

That may be a very entry level question, but that's exactly the level I'm at :D

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,093 Posts
When it comes to the non turbo, 2.4L models of Optima, there are only so many performance mods you can really do.

We have many of our non-turbo Optima owners that buy performance mods and love them.

Just like mentioned above, it comes down to the individual, and their personal preference.

You may not see a ton of performance gains from mods on the 2.4L, but you can still definitely increase the performance.

Here are 3 of the only performance mods I can think of, without getting into anything crazy like a turbo kit or what not.

1) K&N Typhoon Intake System - K5 Optima Store

2) Throttle Body Spacer - K5 Optima Store

3) 2016-2018 Kia Optima 2.4L Kinetic Motorsports Exhaust - K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
46 Posts
When it comes to the non turbo, 2.4L models of Optima, there are only so many performance mods you can really do.

We have many of our non-turbo Optima owners that buy performance mods and love them.

Just like mentioned above, it comes down to the individual, and their personal preference.

You may not see a ton of performance gains from mods on the 2.4L, but you can still definitely increase the performance.

Here are 3 of the only performance mods I can think of, without getting into anything crazy like a turbo kit or what not.

100% would recommend those mods, great seller as well! This platform is really nice to add some fun parts to.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is exactly the information I was hoping for - thank you for sharing! Glad to know that there are options out there in case I do want to go for some engine modifications.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,093 Posts
This is exactly the information I was hoping for - thank you for sharing! Glad to know that there are options out there in case I do want to go for some engine modifications.
You're very welcome, more than happy to help out.

Let me know if you have any questions about performance products or any other products for your Optima.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Hey all - just recently purchased my 2016 EX 2.4L and have been loving it!

I see a lot on here about engine mods, but I'm not sure what applies to those of us with a 2.4L engine. Are the majority of the available engine mods only worth it for the 2.0T or would some of them be worth it for the 2.4L?

Any input from those of you with more experience than me with Optimas or engines is appreciated :D
Unfortunately you cannot do a whole lot with a 2.4 engine. Exhaust and intake for some sound, but you can go crazy with suspension and cosmetics to still make it break necks! Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Plenty you can do
Bolt on mods are limited in spec but there is rockers ,pistons rods and pistons. Fuel ignition ..on and on. Even turbo You want a beast you gotta build a beast. The 2.0T is a out of the box sport engine. But there's no reason the 2.4l could not be as strong since it's similar to the 2.0. Not same but similar.
Build it. Make the baddest 2.4l. Somebody needs to. Cause most do not believe the 2.4 is worth it..I think it is

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the 2.4L, and I've done a few things:

Crank Pulley
Intake
Throttle Body
Catch Can
Strut Bar
Wheel Spacers
Steering Wheel

Definitely a measurable difference in a positive direction from where I started.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Seeing how the OP was inquiring about engine mods--curious to understand as to how exactly does a steering wheel help with engine performance--not unless your steering wheel has custom buttons for NOS boost or something like that--LOL...and yes I say that with tongue firmly planted in cheek. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Laguna
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing