Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i have a 2011 optima that has the 2.4 GDI
Im looking into doing some performance upgrades.
I have a cold air intake already
what are the best options for headers/exhaust and injector upgrades for possible water/meth kit

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Been asked many times, but in reality, waste of time throwing money into the car, just sell it, buy a 2.0T and
for a small investment get a 350HP sleeper. Guess you can add headers, big exhaust, throttle body spacer, chip,
strut bar, lighter wheels, and maybe some nitrous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most likely turbonut is right. If you want to do something with your 2.4 just put a 50 shot of nitrous and call it good cuz all that other stuff isn't going to give you half of that HP gain.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
104 Posts
Not sure you want to out-perform this 2.4 engine. Broken piston rings, cracked off tops of pistons and bent connecting rods, are only (3) of the most commin grenade toss-after-effects that take place with S. Korean four-bangers.... those having GDI / TGDI engines.
Keep that engine stock for best results. Use Normal Mode and not Sport Mode.... whenever possible. Those 6-7k RPM-revs are engine killers, when used routinely. Use it rarely and I use it.... NEVER.
First off i have a 2011 optima that has the 2.4 GDI
Im looking into doing some performance upgrades.
I have a cold air intake already
what are the best options for headers/exhaust and injector upgrades for possible water/meth kit

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are wasting your money and time trying to do performance upgrades on a 2.4. The engines aren't built for performance, the best you can do is an exhaust system. You will spend more more with little results. You you want performance go buy a turbo and then add lap3 ecu tunes with meth.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Use Normal Mode and not Sport Mode.... whenever possible. Those 6-7k RPM-revs are engine killers, when used routinely. Use it rarely and I use it.... NEVER.
I've heard it's good to drive the car at higher RPMs every now and then, because it helps clean out the engine and intakes/exhaust.

I think if the engine is designed to operate within a range of RPMs, then you should feel perfectly fine using the full range. I wouldn't worry about breaking the engine if you are within the designed RPM range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts