Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 Optima with the 2.4 engine. We have put 3,011 miles on it, so have not driven it enough to check fuel mileage. What are you guys getting at 70 mph on the freeway on a long trip?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Going to Panama from central Indiana we go around 31 mpg on a new engine. I was happy!!!

Also, this was from the instrument panel and not done manually

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,088 Posts
We have a 2019 Optima with the 2.4 engine. We have put 3,011 miles on it, so have not driven it enough to check fuel mileage. What are you guys getting at 70 mph on the freeway on a long trip?
Just think of it this way, it's better than your Falcon.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
78 Posts
28 on the left-lane highway.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our Jeep is averaging around 16 mpg It will be nice to pass by some service stations on a long trip with the Kia.
Let's see, the Falcon uses 5 gallons of fuel per day. Four runs per day. One run consists of 1/2 mile, up and back. So it uses 5 gallons for two miles. So .4 miles per gallon. Actually I think it is closer to 1 mile per gallon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wrote this in another post but valid here.

2018 FE 2.4
At 73,000 miles, actual logged MPG over that entire period of time is 34.4
Mostly highway miles, and I am light on the throttle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 FE got 36.44 mpg during a 10 day period where I made a couple of long trips to the golf courses. Total mileage over those 10 days was 525.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a 16 Optima LX, w/2.4l. Right now, has a little over 32K. Ran it down to Myrtle Beach this summer from NY. I used the Eco mode, cruise set at 68mph. Best mileage was almost 43mpg. Average for total down and back was around 36.5mpg. This consistently gives me around 34mpg around town. (have all fuel receipts)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 19 FE with the 2.4 will get around 38mpg at 73mph. However, I recently took a trip on a very windy day. 160 miles round trip. On the 80 miles into the wind I got around 32mpg. On the return trip with the wind I got 43mpg. Cruise set on 73. I have 20500 miles on it.
Pretty cool seeing 43mpg over 80 miles.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,108 Posts
LOL granted that my Optima is a 2.0T but regardless, the (as much as) 10% ethanol they put in our gasoline here in California isn't gonna do wonders for vehicle fuel economy, which can decrease about 3% when using gas that contains 10% ethanol.

What a win-win situation--less air pollution by burning 10% (or higher--there's E15 and E85 gas too) ethanol gas and generate more gas tax revenue due to the decrease of fuel economy by using ethanol gas compared to gas that has less ethanol content in it. Cleaner air AND more generated tax revenue--can't get any better than that, right? ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope all of you guys quoting mileage are using actual gallons vs miles measurements and not what the computer is telling you. My computer on both my Forte and and this Optima are radically optimistic.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX 2.4L GDI Automatic
7 Posts
UPDATE I believe my computer might have been wrong considering how much freeway driving I was doing that day. If my math is correct, I was receiving 33-34 MPG which is what Kia claims this vehicle can do on freeway. Nothing special folks; false alarm.

I was able to manage 40MPG after about 8 hours of driving, 90% of it on freeway

Was mostly on ECO mode & used cruise control as much as possible

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was able to manage 40MPG after about 8 hours of driving, 90% of it on freeway

Was mostly on ECO mode & used cruise control as much as possible

View attachment 249749
My computer is optimistic by a couple of MPG. Unless you're using actual mileage vs gallons filled I wouldn't bother posting it as gospel.

Oh and my 2018 Forte 2.0 computer MPG was optimistic by about 5mpg lol

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX 2.4L GDI Automatic
7 Posts
You might be right. After doing some math; I get about 500 or so miles out of a full tank. So I think I am getting just about what Kia claims my vehicle can achieve on freeway. 33-34 MPG. Either way computer still made me feel good, even if it's a lying hoe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts