Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening folks. I have a 2012 Optima turbo but the engine locked up (apparently because of similar issues to a lot of other owners). I’m looking to replace the engine with a used one but there’s a huge price gap from the 2.4 to the 2.0. Would I be able to put a 2.4L engine in my turbo? It seems the obvious answer is no, but I want to ask anyway.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,319 Posts
I'd say you answered your own questions, too many difference when going from Turbo to N/A.
As most look to go from N/A to Turbo, never gave the reversal a thought, but not that it couldn't be done if a donor car was available,
but some of the main differences, transmission, converter, axles, wiring, ECM, etc.

From what I see, depending on your location, there's a great many used 2.0T engines available ($2500/5000) and the price isn't much different than a 2.4 ($1800/5700), so I'd stay with the Turbo.
Problem with a used engine is that there is a guarantee on the engine by not the labor, so it's a crap shoot with these junk engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts