Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 EX Premium
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2015 Dark Cherry EX. I always join a forum for whatever vehicle I own, you guys are always a wealth of info.
Test drove it today, 2/1, and didn't like the sound the brakes were making. The rear rotors were not smooth, so told the salesman I would pass. He said they would put new rotors and pads on if I like, so I signed with the reserve of the brakes fixed to my satisfaction.
Also, the backup camera did not work, just the lines showing up. Already found out here moisture will get in and corrode them. I am mechanically minded enough to fix that myself.
Picking it up Monday and looking forward to diving into the forum to see what I can learn.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
Welcome and make certain they replace the rotors and not just turn them.
Let them purchase the BU camera and you do the install.
See you soon.

·
Registered
2015 EX Premium
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, he said they would put new ones on instead of turning them. Any issues with the Optima brakes? Haven't seen anything on here yet....

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
Actually a PIA. The sliders stick, as do the pad holders freeze, and the calipers have a tendency to have the pistons hang up, but with mileage. I've had to pry the pads away from the rotor, had calipers freeze, no difference than the '08. Last summer finally replaced all calipers with aluminum units, new hardware, pads etc and all new fluid. Great so far.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
145 Posts
Had one of my rear calipers freeze up and wear down pads on my 14 SXL. Car had 20k on it at the time. Dealer replaced pads. Been fine since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Welcome to the Optima community forum @Hersh

Congrats on purchasing your 2015 Optima EX, glad to have you with us here.

Good thing they offered to replace the rotors and pads for you to save the sale, smart move on their part.

If you need assistance navigating the forum, or if there is anything we can help you find for your Optima, don't hesitate to reach out anytime.

-David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts