Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I stopped by a wheel shop today very nice shop and selection, they even have a custom machine shop in house to make any wheels work on any car. i have been deciding for a while going back and forth about the rims and size i want, the main thing with me is i want concave wheels without a staggered fitment. so we talked about doing a 19x9.5 allaround with a 40 offset and tire size will be 255 35 19 for a aggressive look,, 245s will have to much stretch for my liking. i believe i would the first to have this done as i cannot fin anything about people having this setup with 255s all around, the guy told me we will do a test fit when im ready but im curious to see if any of you all have tried or seen this setup before? the wheels are dc a10...same style as the vossen my goal is to have front and rear concave without a staggered setup. heres a few pics of them also my car is a 2011 optima sx and lowered on megan springs

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

help lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm running 19x9.5 et 40 rear and 19x8.5 et 35 front, I'm also running megan springs. 255/35 tire rear, 245/35 front. In my opinion, this is the largest size possible without running into fender/camber modification. At the very least you could run a crazy stretch and quite a bit of negative camber, although at that point you run into poor tire wear and handling.

IMG_4678.jpg

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man for that link...that defainlty helped me out...the guy at the Rim shop said 245 would be stretched looking so he suggested 255..but your 235 don't seem to have much at all...are you 9.5 all around?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im running 20x10.5 rear, 20x9 front...stretched tires 235/35 front 245/35 rear... I love it, and dont suggest going 9.5 all around, you may have so,me issues.

·
Registered
2012 K5
2,307 Posts
Im running 9.5 in the back on 245 35 19s and even though the tires do stretch, its not an extreme stretch like the insane stanced cars. And im not sure how youre planning on running 9.5 in the front but good luck.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well for all you guys Im running 9.5 squared and lowered on megan springs for now with plenty of room. No turning or speed bump issues. Im goin to run coils in the next few months I'll update you guys then

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 170
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
And he sits lower than I do

·
03/2014 ROTM
1,002 Posts
And he sits lower than I do
And has that extra 1" on the rim.... WAIT, that's what she said. :banana::lmao::haha:;)

9.5 is doable on the fronts (et 40 w/stretch- 245), but I would roll the front fenders if you're going anything lower than 1.5" to be safe for clearance. Especially if you roll with passengers a lot.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hay hay hay simi! Sometimes that extra inch doesn't do pleasure. Motion of the ocean bro

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would anyone have an example of a stretched tire with this style wheel? I'm thinking of just going with 245 squared 19x9.5 not a fan of insane stretch but very minimal is doable ...pics would be appreciated !

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Don't listen to that guy at the wheel shop.

A 235/35 on 19x9.5 is NOT that much of a stretch. If you are worried about it, just go up on the sidewall ratio and the stretch won't be as bad. The bigger the sidewall, the less the tire looks stretched to an extent.

I am not a huge fan of major stretch. But it will look very good AND your front offset will DEFINATELY need a stretch to run dual deep concave.

****And don't let them fool you.......You want to see YOUR rim in YOUR exact offsets in person to judge if you are happy with the Concave'ness.

The Concave you see on the shelf are typically at LEAST 20x10.5 +15ET. Which nets a very good looking shelf wheel. That SAME rim in 19x9.5 +40 will have MUCH less concave if any noticeable concave at all. Everyone loves concave, sooooo many order thinking the wheel will look like a bowl and they wind up with a plate looking wheel. Especially on a high offset slim wheel'd car like ours.

My Volks were 19x9.5 +43 front and 19x9.5 +23 rear. The front inner lip of the rim rubbed the lower control arm at full lock on one direction and not the other. Ok, so not a ton of room in the front if you want to make U-turns without metal on metal. Or in your case with a 255 anything, rubber on metal lol.

Trust me, you want to run 235's when trying to go aggressive rim fitment.

If you look in my build thread, I did a full page writeup on rim fitment MAX calculations down to the MM. I would suggest studying my writeup and understand where the limitations are before you make a decision. Especially being on springs and not coilovers, you are more prone to rubbing issues on the fenders. You have less leeway than guys on aggressive coilover setups believe it or not. More suspension travel overall is the reason vs coilovers which can be setup almost static with very little movement and also MORE camber throw and dampening adjustability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well for all you guys Im running 9.5 squared and lowered on megan springs for now with plenty of room. No turning or speed bump issues. Im goin to run coils in the next few months I'll update you guys then
What offset u got front n back n what tires size front n back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts