Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wish my car had a big forum like this but it comes with the consequences of driving a car no one has lol.

My 17 Cadenza currently has Enkei TY5 19x8.5 +35 wrapped in 245/40R19 all around. It fits no problem on it and has well enough room that I would like to upgrade to 20x8.5 +38 245/35R20.

Though, my wife has been eyeing on my wheels and wants it on her Optima. She has a 2013 Optima LX with 205/65R16 currently.

We snatched on a good deal on an Optima, it's only got 37k miles but that means it's got those factory Nexens which are on their last leg.

I was wondering how it would fit. A lot of guys mention that +45 with 245 fit and +35 with 235 fit but it'd be a waste if I had to throw those tires away, they are $1200 a set Bridgestone Driveguard with 9/32 left!

She is on stock suspension right now and we have no intention to lower her car so clearance would be okay.

Most I am worried about is rubbing and ABS throwing off wheel speed sensor. Seems like diameter is well within 4% which I am thinking it could be okay.

Any experiences or input are greatly greatly appreciated before I pull the plug on my 20" wheels and hand her my 19s

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to that link searched top to bottom, but couldn't find any fitment on the set up that I was looking for. I know +35 offset is aggressive and 245/40 isn't exactly that small but was wondering if anyone had experiences. Currently on stock suspension and keeping it stock

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,205 Posts
Stick them on, check for suspension clearance, put your hand behind the tire to feel for how much space you have. Take it for a ride and see how it does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts