Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just recently joined the group. I just bought a 2020 Optima SX. I had it for 2 weeks now and loving it. I wanted to add the Stinger wheels on it. I've read different post about it but No one has said, I got them on my car with any problems with the staggered wheels. So, are there anyone with the stock Stinger wheels on an Optima out there? Please share your stories.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,843 Posts
From what I remember with the 34mm offset it moves the outer part of the wheel out over 1".
You'll need to do a search as there have been Optima's with Stinger wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima LX
4 Posts
I have put the stinger rims on my 2018 Optima and looks great. but it seems I am having a TPMS issue. The dealership can't program the OEM stinger tire pressure sensor. Please let me know what you have done? or maybe the dealership doesn't know what they are doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
kkaniuk - Something doesn't seem right there?? Its my understanding that the TPMS sensors have the same frequency and should read the tire pressure when paired up to the vehicle. My wheels and tires did not come with TPMS sensors so I used my factory Optima TPMS sensors with no issues. That may be the way for you to go as well? I did look into buying new sensors, they're about $70 each for factory KIA so I tried my factory ones and saved the $240. Hope this helps.

Post pics of your car I would love to see it.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima LX
4 Posts
kkaniuk - Something doesn't seem right there?? Its my understanding that the TPMS sensors have the same frequency and should read the tire pressure when paired up to the vehicle. My wheels and tires did not come with TPMS sensors so I used my factory Optima TPMS sensors with no issues. That may be the way for you to go as well? I did look into buying new sensors, they're about $70 each for factory KIA so I tried my factory ones and saved the $240. Hope this helps.

Post pics of your car I would love to see it.
These wheels came off my new 2018 stinger... can’t understand why the dealership can’t get them to reprogram ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts