Kia Optima Forums banner

18 optima projector upgrade

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Frizodanizzo 
#1 ·
Well I started doing a retro fit of my 18 optima s with the halogen projectors and reflector high beam. Unfortunately what I did is all I'm gonna do for a couple months due to having surgery. It's still neat what I figured out with the projectors at least and how they're going to mount in.

What I did was searched the internet anywhere basically for busted up Kia optima headlights because I only wanted the projector. I found an optima right away.

I bought the retroquik kit from TRS thinking I might need the fiberglass.. because I may have to make a mount.

I basically just cut the front of the shroud off that's attached directly to the frame.

I was gonna cut all the stuff off till I realized I could use that glass mount as a filler piece.

Thinking of way to make a mount I was like hmm... This fits pretty good on this thing.

Imgur

It'll be a couple months before I rip the car apart but this few minute task of figuring out what would be pretty easy to do. Makes the task of taking the car apart much easier now I know what's going on inside the headlight.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Update if you try this on the 16-18 optima be prepared to take more off the back of the bowl lol I made the mistake of seeing if the h1 clip would go on and nope I left no room for it lol. So I managed this trick

I centered it up the best I could which is easy since the projector doesn't have much room to really go anywhere the way I cut everything. Secured the washers with the steel stick and will jb weld the rest with the higher temp stuff to make sure they can't possibly slip. Nice part is it added weight to the back so the projector is actually more balanced instead of front heavy which could make it sag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.