Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 optima lx with stock 16” rims and want to get 17” for it. Yes I know 18s look better or why not 20s but I've decided 17s would be my best bet for now. This being my first time ever buying wheels I have no idea where to start. I’ve found a few I like but I have no idea what specific sizes I have to select. what width? what bolt pattern? offset? Would P215/55R be an okay tire size to go with 17s? I want to make sure nothing rubs and that I don’t have to change anything else in order for everything to fit (my car is sitting at stock height right now, don’t plan to lower it for a while).

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Try and stay near the 17" OEM specs, but I'd go 225/55-17.
5x114.3 bolt pattern, 6.5" wide with a 44mm offset.
The center bore is 67.1mm so you'll need a wheel that has at least 67.1mm and if larger, one can get hub rings that fill the gap between 67.1 and new wheel hub bore size.

You can use your 16" specs to calculate the "new" size as it will indicate the difference between your wheel and the new one:
Put your size in the top 6.5 & 44 offset, then plug in the new size and it will indicate how the new wheel will "move" when installed on your car.
When you view the new dimensions check those with your wheel when installed on the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try and stay near the 17" OEM specs, but I'd go 225/55-17.
5x114.3 bolt pattern, 6.5" wide with a 44mm offset.
The center bore is 67.1mm so you'll need a wheel that has at least 67.1mm and if larger, one can get hub rings that fill the gap between 67.1 and new wheel hub bore size.

You can use your 16" specs to calculate the "new" size as it will indicate the difference between your wheel and the new one:
Put your size in the top 6.5 & 44 offset, then plug in the new size and it will indicate how the new wheel will "move" when installed on your car.
When you view the new dimensions check those with your wheel when installed on the car.
Thank you, I’m having a **** of a time trying to find 17s that are 6.5 wide on any websites

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
No problem going wider as the 18" wheels on the SX is 7.5" with a 46mm offset, so if in a 17" you can look at the 18" specs.
I just assumed that you would go wider but guess I should have mentioned that the width is only a problem when it exceeds the OEM specs to a large amount.

You can always look at the clearance, especially inner, with your wheel and see where the new would sit using the calculator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts