Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's was on her way home when she heard a ticking noise when heard it she let of the gas then she heard it again when she accelerated then noticed the engine light flashing . I took my scanner to it and got a p1326 I have had the knock sensor update on it what is next step

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,987 Posts
Drive it or tow it to the stealership, get a loaner and as long as there is sound associated with the flashing CEL, wait for them to replace the crappy engine with another crappy engine free of charge. The KSDS update was installed to alert the driver of a problem and allow one to drive the vehicle to the stealership, but sometimes the engine seizes in a very short period of time, within a few miles, while other times the vehicle can be driven for quite a while before dying.

Just curious, engine 2.4 o 2.0T and mileage? A lot like to take a dump @ the 75,000 mark, so just like to keep info at hand.
Good luck and let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2.4 .It has 74k on it
Drive it or tow it to the stealership, get a loaner and as long as there is sound associated with the flashing CEL, wait for them to replace the crappy engine with another crappy engine free of charge. The KSDS update was installed to alert the driver of a problem and allow one to drive the vehicle to the stealership, but sometimes the engine seizes in a very short period of time, within a few miles, while other times the vehicle can be driven for quite a while before dying.

Just curious, engine 2.4 o 2.0T and mileage? A lot like to take a dump @ the 75,000 mark, so just like to keep info at hand.
Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Thanks for replying. Update checked oil and low and behold it had no oil. I topped it off a few minutes ago and turned motor by hand then started it up and it sounds fine but it is still in limp mode with engine light flashing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 2.4 .It has 74k on it

Thanks for replying. Update checked oil and low and behold it had no oil. I topped it off a few minutes ago and turned motor by hand then started it up and it sounds fine but it is still in limp mode with engine light flashing
Since it sounds good should I take a chance and clear the code to get it out of limp mode?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update called dealer and they said that I need to have the car towed at my expense and gave me an appointment for next Thursday but my car won't be diagnosed 4 to 5 weeks and that they don't have any loaner cars and if they give me a rental it would be until Kia approves it and I would get it the day that the dealership orders the parts and when they get them I have to return the rental. Next they told me that they have to check the wear on the mains and if it's to much that it was something else that caused it and I will have to pay 189 dollar's for the diagnostic fee and this morning I checked the oil and it was past the level line by twice the level and smelled like gas. What should I do

·
Registered
271 Posts
Um first off, I hope you have not cleared the CEL codes, part of the reuirements under the kia engine replacement settlement (see attached for details) is a P1326 CEL, along with the KSDS update and wear tests.

If driveable, drop it off at dealer or tow it there. You may want to push the point after reading the settlement details, they are being a bit short with you on not providing a loaner until the parts are ordered and then ending when they arrive, thats crxp, call them on it, it does not say that on the settlement. As far as the 189 fee, I'd argue that point also, again the settlement says the diagnostic work by them is part of the settlement, not an add on cost. The stealership you've gone to are a bunch of arseholes, might want to find another dealer. Luck.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts