Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and hoping I can get some info on what’s going on with my car. Have a 2011 Kia Optima sx. Cars has been great up too last week. While I’m driving the car will shift down on its own. Where it shows drive on cluster it will show it shift down all the way down to 2nd like I put it in sportmatic mode. If I slide it over into sportmatic and back to drive it goes into drive again but shortly after does the same thing. Doesn’t happen all the time but does majority. If anyone has had this problem or have heard about it please chime in.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
haven't heard of this before.

I wonder if it might be that somehow your paddle shifters or something is generating a false signal to downshift? Like a short in the wiring of the downshift paddle shifter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haven't heard of this before.

I wonder if it might be that somehow your paddle shifters or something is generating a false signal to downshift? Like a short in the wiring of the downshift paddle shifter?
very well possible, the paddle shifters stopped working a little while ago. Not receiving any codes at all. feel like if there was a short or loss of communication there would be some type of code.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
maybe start with investigating why the paddle shifters stopped working.

You can remove the protective plastic covers and look at the cables, see if there is any fraying along the full length, and see whether the connectors are still plugged in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts