Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I'm currently Dnloading.

EDIT: Pg 1 in the MNS site Install Manual PDF shows Ver 14.10 and the MNS main Pg (link at Thread bottom) for YOUR Car shows the Ver Digits to look for.
Had a full install and 35 min is about right
per MNS page BUT I Find Nothing About what the update includes; Must be just sites, etc. and Nothing major.
Loading Circle will Spin awhile AFTER the Red Loading Bar is Full.....Nothing wrong (still spinning tomorrow is different.)
I inserted the Updated SD Card, Engine On, & I immediately saw a popup that went thru a "Checking Update data" cycle of a few minutes BUT THAT didn't do anything; Going to the System module and pressing Update did start the full 35-min cycle.

To find What Software Ver you should see at completion go to MNS below and enter your car AND Find Install Manual Pg 1 (it's also in the Red rectangle Link "List of Eligible Vehicles" next to dnload Updater box.........Chk IF Your Car is IN LIST

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
61 Posts
I was just at their website yesterday and noticed version 14.10 was available for my 2014 Optima EX. I have version 14 but won't update unless they show what the changes are to 14.10 as they had always done before. I also didn't see an option for downloading the software. I don't need a new SD card and don't need to spend almost 50% on shipping costs.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

'14' Optimas are NOT in this 11/23/20 Update List, SO THAT's why no Dnload link.
Link above was a Red Link Box with List of Eligible Vehicles from Notifications Tab of Kia Update site. View it each time for your car.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
61 Posts
According to the mapsoft website there is a Nov 2020 update for the 2014 Kia Optima. Now I dont know if its different via the Kia site but I purchased an update back in April 2020 and that version shows different than what is available now for my 2014.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
According to the mapsoft website there is a Nov 2020 update for the 2014 Kia Optima. Now I dont know if its different via the Kia site but I purchased an update back in April 2020 and that version shows different than what is available now for my 2014.
I tried 2014 Optima in my Acct AT MapNSoft and You're Right, there is one offered as an SD Card Purchase - The Two Sites present Differently BUT My '16 acct page had an obvious Dnload Link in Both Places.
Kia is too confusing for me per different sites saying opposite things. The Eligible Car screen starts at 2015 as you should have seen, too.
I Have No Idea what I got in this update (see Post #9). I THINK I see where a Hampton Inn may Now have added Hwy 280 E to its map name but no visual changes in Audio or Map that I notice. Maybe the Audio side of the split-screen Map/Audio has a colorful box now with song title, but that's it so far.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
61 Posts
I also have not been able to see what the update offers. Prior to this update there was always a description of what the changes were. So even though the cost is considerably lower I see no point in gambling with a new version when I do not know what the gains will be or the minuses.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
I downloaded but haven't yet updated my 2018 SXL but based on the info the version upgrade #s are as follows (specific to the 2018 SXL):

SW version:
Previous (14.5): JF.USA.SOP.V115.200325.STD_H
New (14.10): JF.USA.SOP.V120.201013.STD_H

Map version:
Previous (14.5): NAM.13.47.44.680.101.5
New (14.10): NAM.13.47.50.610.101.5

I won't know if the Nav App and/or Firmware versions are also updated with this release until I install the update.

What's weird is that Kia refers to the 14.5 version as having been for August yet it was made available back in late April. Even more weird is that the map update I purchased back in April 2020 (before the ability to update for free via their Navigation Updater tool became functional) was listed as version 14.0 on my invoice yet the version I received and subsequently installed is 14.5 (based on the info Kia provided in their FAQ and comparing it to the version number showing on my nav unit).

According to the FAQ it appears that one thing may have changed for 14.10:
Prior the v14.10 map update, pressing the preset button (or on screen) for 2-3 seconds will set a radio station as a preset.
After the v14.10 map update, press the star icon next to the radio frequency will set that radio station as a preset.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima SX
109 Posts
I am not sure if this is the right update. I have a 2018 Kia Optima SX with Tech Pkg:

I keep seeing the "Notices" However, everytime I click on it, I am taken to the website.I just hope it isn't downloading the update from August/September.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nerafe, I'm sure the current Link is the Latest Ver, but there are instructions HOW to confirm your newly Installed Ver is correct in my 1st post. Compare Your System data to that info.

The Station Setting info from tonester (& other maybe helpful stuff) is in the MapNSoft site (below) - FAQ - LEFT COLUMN - After Installation Issues - found by luck, not logic.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
I applied the 14.10 update on my 2018 SXL--as noted in my previous post the 14.10 SW and Map version numbers are as stated; in addition the Firmware and Nav App version numbers are changed/updated as well:

Old Firmware: JF.USA.292.20313.MICOM.D_17
New Firmware: JF.USA.293.201012.MICOM.D_17

Old Nav App: DAP.NAM.KMC.200316.b904be86
New Nav App: DAP.NAM.KMC.201021.2c290c90

TBH I can't remember if the following two features (below) were present in 14.5; I want to say the first one definitely wasn't because now when I turn on the vehicle (either On or ACC) but don't have my phone connected (yet) the display says Radio/Media Off.

·
Registered
2017 Optima PHEV
20 Posts
Information on the update is here: Version 14.10 New Features. Not all changes are listed, though, as the new features in the post above aren't mentioned.

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to turn off the "welcome chime," which I've never been able to do on my 2017 Optima PHEV. Can someone who's installed 14.10 check if that ability is there, particularly if it wasn't before?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
FYI you may want to check if your Kia Navigation Updater tool is up-to-date; the version I had used (1.0.45.3) to install the November 2020 update no longer works--the latest version is 1.0.51.5 which after I installed it to my PC does work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts