Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to buying a new 2020 Optima EX Premium, which has the 1.6 turbo. I have test driven 3 of these. OK it is not a rocket, but I find the 1.6 adequate.

History.
We curently have a 2018 Stinger, with the large engine, lots of power. I currently drive a Ford Fusion 2.0, good power, but the trans at times needs a firm kick in the teeth for being stupid.

I have test driven the Kia 2.4, which is kind of slow, and the 2.0 in the Optima SX. I dont find the seats in the SX Optima as comfortable as in the EX, I do have back issues plus I am over 65 so comfort matters. I did notice the Kia 2.0 is very close in performance to my Fusion, but the Fusion is a heavier car.

So, the question I have after liking the 1.6 turbo is: Is this engine generally reliable and if you have one what are you like and dislikes? Do you find it adequate or not?

Thanks very much for any input, this purchase most likely will be soon.

Sparx

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
Get the 1.6 T and if not up to your expectations:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was wonder if there was a chip mod available for these cars.
Appreciate your input.
sparx

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @sparx

We have a bunch of goodies in store for the 2020 Optima EX 1.6T engine.

You can find those over on our site K5 Optima Store, and then we have a ton of goodies for the Stinger as well.

You can find those over on our other site which is the K8 Stinger Store.

If you end up getting the Optima, just give us a call and we will definitely help point you in the right direction.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do agree the power is adequate, but what about the dual-clutch transmission? Some people don't like the clunky nature of the transmission. I know, given enough time, they will get the shift logic right, but at the current moment, it's still an issue for some driving styles.....

·
Registered
2018 kia optima LX
44 Posts
most important for turbos is quality oil changed on time! i only buy manuals but girlfriends 18 with conventional auto is great. as far as tunes are concerned kiss your warranty BYE in most cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts