Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wade001's Showroom

Purchased: Cinco de Mayo, 2015 (that's May 5th for you non drinkers)

Current Mod List:
EXTERIOR:

INTERIOR:

SUSPENSION:

LIGHTING:

ENGINE BAY:

WHEELS:

Future Mod List:
EXTERIOR:
  • 70% or 80% ceramic tint on front windshield, mainly for heat reduction purposes

SUSPENSION:
  • KINETIC Front Strut Tower Bar

LIGHTING:
  • 80w CREE stage 2 LED fog lights
  • 2014-2015 Kia Optima Daytime Running Lights W/ Turn Signal LEDs(received and awaiting install. I need to figure out a few details first for a clean install without touching factory wiring)edit:12-03-15

ENGINE BAY:

WHEELS:

Removed Mod List:
EXTERIOR:
  • Lamin-X Yellow Fog LIght film
  • Factory Pinstriping
SUSPENSION:

·
Registered
2015 Optima
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Exterior Mods

•LLumar Ceramic Tint, 15% on doors and rear window

•EZ-Lip Pro Kit front lip

•K5 Valve stemp caps
-pics coming soon-

•Color matched OEM style Trunk Lip Spoiler

•K5 rear badge to replace OPTIMA

•Blind Nuts for bottom screws on license plate (cant stand rattling plate when closing trunk). sorry no pics, but I had to dremel out two small openings in the plastic covering (one for each nut), and inserted some nylon blind nuts like these:

you will need to be careful to make a SQUARE hole, something with corners to stop the nut from spinning when tightening the screw in. you wont be able to hold it because its sandwiched between the license plate and the plastic trunk cover. a drop of superglue will help for the initial setting of the nut.

Suspension

•D2 Racing RS Series Coilovers edit:02-20-18

Lighting

•Nothing yet, DRL's coming soon edit:12-28-15

Engine Bay

•ADD W1 v2 Oil Catch Can

made a custom mounting bracket out of a 6"x6" shelf angle bracket from home depot. I cut one of the 4" off one of the 6" legs and mounted it ontop of one of the motor mounts, but under the bolt of said motor mount. painted it semigloss black and called it a day.

after my first oil change, I emptied the can and added some stainless steel scrubber pad to the baffle, theoretically, if I can diffuse the air more, I should be able to pull more oil/gas mixture from it before it recirculates back into the intake, still awaiting the results.

during one of my checks into the catch can to see if it is preforming like it should. I forgot to replace the dipstick. I laid it on the engine cover and closed the hood, then left for work the next morning. by the time the check engine light came on, I had already lost the dipstick. for those in a similar situation. i went to home depot and bought a m6x1 3/4" machine screw, wrapped some thread tape around the threads and screwed it into the dipstick hole. CEL went off almost immediately after that.

you can order a replacement dipstick from [email protected] unfortunately it cost me 14 bucks shipped to my door for that small little stick of alumn.

Wheels

•Niche Verona (M150) 19x8.5 front and rear w/ Yokohama Adven Sport A/S 235/40r19 edit:02-20-18

·
Registered
2015 Optima
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh THIS showroom.... Looks good, IMO wheels and tires should be the next mod. How does that color hold up to micro scratching in the clearcoat?
wheels are definitely on the list, but I'm trying to be economical about it. once I wear the tread of the stock tires. then I will get new rims and tires all at once. plus I don't think the GF would let me get rims any sooner than that :(

im stuck on those niche wheels, 5 or 7 spoke, I cant decide.. but nothing fancy, but pretty sharp looking IMO.

as for scratching, I haven't noticed any, I have noticed 1 small rock chip about 3" above my front badge on the hood, but I cant see any hairline scratches, and I have washed the car plenty of times to see something by now. guess this paint color covers it up well

·
Banned
2016 Chevy SS
1,212 Posts
wheels are definitely on the list, but I'm trying to be economical about it. once I wear the tread of the stock tires. then I will get new rims and tires all at once. plus I don't think the GF would let me get rims any sooner than that :(

im stuck on those niche wheels, 5 or 7 spoke, I cant decide.. but nothing fancy, but pretty sharp looking IMO.

as for scratching, I haven't noticed any, I have noticed 1 small rock chip about 3" above my front badge on the hood, but I cant see any hairline scratches, and I have washed the car plenty of times to see something by now. guess this paint color covers it up well

I see em all over on my Ebony Black. I noticed them after my first car wash. When I see the sun reflect right over a certain part on the car, I see em there. What bothers me the most is that I think the scratches got there because the dealer uses an automatic car wash to clean the cars before delivery.

·
Registered
2015 Optima
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Optima, like the color. Enjoy it.
I am enjoying it.. and thanks! I see you're part of the platinum graphite family.. good taste ;)

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

updated a little bit, no new pictures (yet) received the shocks/struts combo and the DRL bezel, getting ready for the shock/strut install this weekend (12-05-15) and still doing a bit of research on the DRL install. I want to make a harness, so im gonna be looking for male/female ends that match the stock connector and schematics (most of which i already have, but need to do the legwork with my multimeter) Hopefully its going wire it up all nice and clean.

will update more when I get the shocks/struts installed!

·
Registered
2015 Optima
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hi everyone.. long time no see!

new rims, tires and coilovers installed

its only taken almost 3 years since purchase but hey, real life takes priority sometimes..

niche verona M150, 19x8.5, wrapped in 235/40r19

i also swapped out the truehart shocks and struts for d2 racing RS series coilovers. i have to say, the ride while a bit stiffer, i think might be better than the trueharts. but i changed quite a bit in the setup, so its not a direct apples to apples comparison. (look for my future sale post if you want to score some truehart shocks/struts for cheap or if you want some eibach springs for cheap)

overall, extremly pleased with the way things are looking now. have a slight clunk or rattle when going slow, over small bumps.. think driving in the parking lot.. i get lots of little noises. not sure if its just the nature of the pillowball mounts, or if there is something else going on. need to go back over everything when i get home this afternoon to see if i can figure out where/what this noise is.

et 35 on the rims... ohhh, thats the perfect offset for those wanting a flush setup (imo)... check out this gif, google stitched together some photos i took of shots down the side, looking from the rear...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MzHiZ8uIjdFLdlPk2

·
Registered
2016 Optima 2016 Optima SXL
12 Posts
I was absolutely in love with the Verona whites for a long time when looking for wheels for my ride! Ultimately I think I decided Niche’s Form wheels are more my style (I like a lot of what Niche has out atm)
Looks good!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.