Kia Optima Forums banner

601 - 615 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
This guy just keeps on raking in the awards and who's the **** is gonna catch up to you man lol, congrats!!
I just like hanging out with my car friends and meeting new friends as well at car shows bro ^_^ and, Thanks! :D

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #603 (Edited)
So my custom plate holder came in, for $10 shipped on Ebay i cant complain.

Here's my daily setting on my
KSport brand Air Suspension Kit with 2 wireless remote.
Low setting is the lowest i can drive the vehicle..
*** still waiting for my new setup of tires that would go on my 18" wheels.. (stock wheels on pics)

And here's my other remote with just the push of a button it will change my ride height right away.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
Yesss! My new set of tires just came in!
Now my setup is going to be,
Front: 18x8 - 225/45ZR18 - 40 offset (before: 235/45)
Rear: 18x9 - 235/ 45ZR18 - 40 offset (before: 245/45)
Hopefully i can drop my airbags without hitting my fenders that much with this setup...

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Well fellas, another project went down for this Hybrid owner, here i am again with the intake :) After buying this used 2.4L Optima intake a few months back, finally had the time to mess with it yesterday, and here is the result! did a little easy DIY in it.

Now to fellow hybrid owners, we can now have a real Air Intake Kit on our hybrid :lol: i drove it around my neighborhood to test it and no check engine light came, i will drive it more tomorrow to see if it is 100% okay with the install.

*** Soon i confirmed that there is no problem with this upgrade i will paint it to match my engine bay.

Here's what i assembled few years back..

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #608 (Edited)
Im Back :)

:D I'm Back! :D

How is everyone doing in the forums? Well its been 5 months after that historic flood here in Baton Rouge Louisiana, and took all our belongings, house and 2 cars. Anyway, let me share a short quick story for ya'll..

It was Aug. 13, 2016 Saturday Night when the water rose infront of our house, when i saw it happening told my wife and kids to take all important things and what would we need for a couple days, took them 30mins then soon i opened my gate i coudnt see the road anymore, so my optima will be staying at the house and we evacuated with our AWD Highlander. The next day i came home using a jetski to check my house and the water was 4'11 inside my house so i couldnt see my optima, it was under the water and at the street it was a good 8ft. Photos with the water still was taken 3days after the flood so it was Monday. Pics below..

Since i love my 2012 KIA Optima Hybrid im back with a 2016 Optima HYBRID. I negotiated with a few dealerships outside Louisiana for 2 weeks and $29,999 was the lowest price i got for a 2016 Hybrid that comes with everything, MSRP was $36k-$38k depends on the location. Now lets see what i can do to this one ^_^

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Welcome back Triple-K and I'm very sorry to see your family go through that massive flood. I'm guessing insurance will cover for most of it? As for the new K5, can't wait to see what you have line up for this new bad boy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Welcome back Triple-K and I'm very sorry to see your family go through that massive flood. I'm guessing insurance will cover for most of it? As for the new K5, can't wait to see what you have line up for this new bad boy :)
Hey Dino! Whats up man? how you been? hows the car? your sig is gray now, u got rid of your optima? thanks for the kind words man, yeah insurance paid what i owe on the car plus they gave me an extra money more than i was expecting thats why i bough myself a Cobalt SS Turbo to play with ^_^

Wow dude, I've been wondering why you been MIA. Glad you made it out of there in time. It must of been scary.
On on the brighter side, nice upgrade maybe lol. Whey didn't you go with the new style optimal?
Hey Jery, yeah it was kinda scary coz during daytime me and my daughter went to a carshow 90mins away then late afternoon the flood started here and there and my wife told me stay where im at or else im going to be stuck somewhere due to road closures, just imagine if i listen to my wife, thats why never listen to your wife. Lol. when i bought the car in Oct.2016 they didnt have the 2017 model hybrids yet.

Here's another photo of the flood, our 7yrs worth of treasures in just 3 days its junk..

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Hey Dino! Whats up man? how you been? hows the car? your sig is gray now, u got rid of your optima? thanks for the kind words man, yeah insurance paid what i owe on the car plus they gave me an extra money more than i was expecting thats why i bough myself a Cobalt SS Turbo to play with ^_^

Hey Jery, yeah it was kinda scary coz during daytime me and my daughter went to a carshow 90mins away then late afternoon the flood started here and there and my wife told me stay where im at or else im going to be stuck somewhere due to road closures, just imagine if i listen to my wife, thats why never listen to your wife. Lol. when i bought the car in Oct.2016 they didnt have the 2017 model hybrids yet.

Here's another photo of the flood, our 7yrs worth of treasures in just 3 days its junk..
I'm good my friend and yes I traded my K5 last year in June but I'm still around the forum chatting and the odd times helping members if I can. So how does that work with your house, you're getting it renovated or moving to another house? It really sucks to see your whole family has to go through this and God bless your family and hope it all goes well.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,190 Posts
Welcome back Triple K! So sorry to hear you were affected by the flood. Good to know though you got things worked out with insurance. What's gonna happen with the house?

I did a write up on the 2017 with a shout out to you in the hybrid section as I figured you would enjoy the 2017, didn't realize all this was going on. Happy to know the family is safe. Happy to have you back man.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #614
I'm good my friend and yes I traded my K5 last year in June but I'm still around the forum chatting and the odd times helping members if I can. So how does that work with your house, you're getting it renovated or moving to another house? It really sucks to see your whole family has to go through this and God bless your family and hope it all goes well.
Thanks for the kind word man, wife loves the old house so we renovating it, our place is between the main roads so accessible to the interstate, side roads and back roads. So, what did you get? :D

Welcome back Triple K! So sorry to hear you were affected by the flood. Good to know though you got things worked out with insurance. What's gonna happen with the house?

I did a write up on the 2017 with a shout out to you in the hybrid section as I figured you would enjoy the 2017, didn't realize all this was going on. Happy to know the family is safe. Happy to have you back man.
Hey Wayne! how are you sir? thanks for the welcome back. i see you upgraded again :cool: we fixing the house, our flood insurance only covers the structure so our belongings are all washed out... i wasnt able to get any 2017 yet coz they didnt have models when i was looking for one, so still a good thing coz i have a 2016 diff from my 2012 :lol: i like the front end of the 17's the headlights and the grill too.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Thanks for the kind word man, wife loves the old house so we renovating it, our place is between the main roads so accessible to the interstate, side roads and back roads. So, what did you get? :D

Hey Wayne! how are you sir? thanks for the welcome back. i see you upgraded again :cool: we fixing the house, our flood insurance only covers the structure so our belongings are all washed out... i wasnt able to get any 2017 yet coz they didnt have models when i was looking for one, so still a good thing coz i have a 2016 diff from my 2012 :lol: i like the front end of the 17's the headlights and the grill too.
I ended up trading for a 16 Lexus RX350 F Sport but you know how it is because my boss gets to drive that beauty and I've taking over her 2014 SF XL lol.

601 - 615 of 615 Posts