Kia Optima Forums banner

► Notch__Johnsons showroom

8K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Optima2012 
#1 · (Edited)
:welcome:Hey folks just thought I'd make a showroom to show my (mild) progression. I promised myself I'd wait at least one year before I'd let the mod bug bite me :laugh:

Anyway on to the pics!

So far they are minor/cheaper mods as I save for the larger ones such as wheels and the sort.

One of the first mods I did was this spoiler from Jayongmall since it was onsale for $150 I also got some of the revised 3.0 K badges while I was ordering.

KIA 2011 All new Optima Glass Wing Rear Spoiler

*EDIT because TINYPIC deleted the pic because the file name was FULL REAR!????

The second mod I did was a 4300k kit from Xenon Supply.

The kit I purchased is below but I had some issues with flickering and the lights not staying on. After contacting xenonsupply they sent me a new harness under warranty and the anti flicker capacitor for no charge. I had used a capacitor that I got from an electronics store to diagnose that it was an issue with current. So if you have similar issues I suggest the capacitor. This may have something to do with LX wiring or being that my car is a Korean built model from October 2010?

Kia Optima HID Kit | Xenon Lights
Anti-Flicker Capacitor

HID Before:

(I still need an after shot sorry)

Next mod was an SX grille I picked up in the Classified section for $85 from OptimaTkeOvr11SX vs LX

And since I had a can of Plasti Dip laying around I decided to black out my OPTIMA badge

Prepping

During

After

Thanks for looking, I hope to add some more attractive bits and pieces soon :peace:

See less See more
#3 ·
I had done Plasti Dip on my VW grille and found that I had to constantly touch it up because of rock chips etc. Besides I prefer the SX one more than the LX

I also forgot to put some pics of my tint up! I'll have to take some in case anyone wants to see more 35% tint pics

#8 ·
Your Car looks GREAT!! What kind of wheels are they? Are they TSW Nurburgrings?
I dont have those YET but they are Drag DR-37's. They are essentially replicas of the BMW M3 CSL wheel. Here's a link to them. They actually are quite afforable for a 19 inch wheel

Wheel Products - Discount Tire Direct

Here are some 20 inch TSW Nurburgrings that I saw on a dealer car. Those are great choice as well!!!

#11 ·
Its just Plasti Dip. Its rubberized spray. You can peel off any left over residue. I'm not crazy enough to spray paint on my car!!!! (most of the time) :laugh:

Heres an up close pic. The car is dirty from going to the mountains to build snowmen. There is a little sticky residue next to the letters from when I reattached them. I had debadged the car for awhile then decided to reapply the letters. I havent gotten around to cleaning since it actually rained and snowed here in Southern California!!
:sadbanana: :rain: :sadbanana:

I'm probably taking them off this weekend since I sort of like the debadged look more and I did do it sorta half assed

#15 ·
car looks great! i too have the same spoiler on my snow white pearl EX. it fits the car IMO very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.