Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup guys, proud owner of a new 2015 SX Turbo. Picked her up in September. I have a few mods planned that I would like to show off to you guys :grin:. A few "mods" I have already done are plastic dip my rims, tinted windows, and binge cord trunk mod, and last but not least replace license plate lights to LEDs. Here is a few pics to start with.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes guys :thumbsup:

UPDATE: 12/10/2015 Added two 12's :cool:

I ordered a custom box form ZEnclosures, and it was OK. I was not impress with the quality, and as for the fitment, it was kinda off. Over all I recommend going to a local shop and have one made custom, and you'll probably still pay less than what I payed :cry:. But anyways my optima came with the the infinity system. Which is quite awesome, but coming from two 12's from my previous car (97 Honda accord) of course it had lack of bass from what I'm use to. So I removed the speakers and got a new amp and iv installed two kicker 12's. These baby's knock hard. I still have to remove the stock sub (PITA to remove) and add sound dampening material, so I can get rid of some of that **** rattling.

Removed the trunk mat and placed it on top of the old 97 Kia Sportage :banana:

PS. any feedback is welcome.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look forward to seeing your iPad install.........a few here have tried this with what I would describe as "sub-par" results .
Yea, I've only seen about one I really like, but he used a relocation kit. Which they don't make for the 2015 optima. But I'm going to try and make it factory looking as possible. If you have any idea/pointers I wouldn't mind your input.

What brand of plasti dip did you use
I used the only brand I know lol, "Performix Plasti Dip" rattle can with a handle.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE 12/22/2015: added some sound dentener. And also removed factory sub, what a PITA. Add the dentener to the spare wheel cubby, also a little all around. And I also added some on the trunk lid. Over an easy prossess, but just hope your 3rd brake light doesn't give out because man it a big hassle to remove everything just to get access to it, same with the factory sub. If you do attempt to remove the factory sub, be sure to have spare clips on hand because your pretty much guaranteed to brake a few.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Hey Jerry your car is really coming along nicely. Im jealous you have some warmer weather to work in lately! :) Good work on the sound deadening. I did dynomat in many many places including the truck, **** I climbed into the trunk and worked inside it for a while! Its a pain but worth it! Again Jerry, well done!

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Jerry your car is really coming along nicely. Im jealous you have some warmer weather to work in lately! :) Good work on the sound deadening. I did dynomat in many many places including the truck, **** I climbed into the trunk and worked inside it for a while! Its a pain but worth it! Again Jerry, well done!
Thank man appreciate the kind words. Yea I was also happy when it stopped raining. Because it was raining off and on. And I had the emblems about a month or more ahaha. About the sound deadening, I have to add some more to the rear right quarter panel. When I was trying to find out wtf was rattling like it was loose, I figured out it was that. It's so flimsy when the speakers hit. When I applyed some pressure to the area it was pretty much gone.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Loving your built. Keep it coming. The sound deadening makes a big difference over stock any day. :)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.