Kia Optima Forums banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 · (Edited)
Time for an external wastegate mod. Go fast parts! haha Authentic Tial wastgate too. Looks gorgeous! Needs some assembly and then put on the car w the proper tune!

Re circulation tube and modified manifold

Fresh from the factory Tial WG #unboxing

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Jason, I can’t help but noticed with all of these awesome mods I’m actually shocked to see you still have regular shifter instead of the New Faces shift knob . Your ride definitely is one of a kind, keep up the good work man !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Jason, I can’t help but noticed with all of these awesome mods I’m actually shocked to see you still have regular shifter instead of the New Faces shift knob . Your ride definitely is one of a kind, keep up the good work man !!!
Thanks Dino. Got a lot more coming. As for the shifter, I have something that I almost guarantee no one else has, which coordinates with my new CF steering wheel. It looks great in the box, I just need to wire it up. It'll be installed before Christmas! LOL

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Here is the boost controller going along with the external wastegate mod shown above. There are a lot of cheap manual controllers out there and super expensive electronic ones, I just needed something easy to use and reliable to set and forget. So dug into my Subaru bag of tricks and this is what I found.

Grimmspeed ftw! :D

Picture of everything hooked up coming soon! :)

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
292 Posts
I decided my interior needed to look good too. So bought myself a carbon fiber steering wheel from SoCal Garage and OMG this thing is amazing. The black leather, the thick carbon fiber... its unreal to the point pictures dont do it justice! Oh, also color matched some bits on my dash and gloss blacked some others. More pictures of that to come soon! :)

SoCal Garage Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

Wheel assembled w/ some parts I painted

Adding color to the interior!
I have one of these coming, very excited to see it installed.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.