Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
547 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
So went back and added a few more touches of the 3M glossy black wrap. Have a look.

Wrapped window vent visors:

Wrap on the wing spoiler, side skirts and part of the rear diffuser

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,457 Posts
Looks good!

Reactions: JasonS

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Looking really good bro! Great ideas for others to do rear diffuser definitely stands out more now and breaks the red flow up smoothly -Blinky_K5
I agree. Completes the look. Even my wrap guy was impressed by it!

Very Nice Jason Bro :thumbsup:
Thanks.

Looking sharp Jason, that rear diffuser looks way better in two tone !!....what's coming up next ???
Thanks Julian. I have completed a couple other mods I've not yet posted. Probably another DIY on one of them as I think I may be the only other member to do this one. But I got a pile of parts awaiting install. How's your suspension skills Julian? LOL

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,148 Posts
Thanks Julian. I have completed a couple other mods I've not yet posted. Probably another DIY on one of them as I think I may be the only other member to do this one. But I got a pile of parts awaiting install. How's your suspension skills Julian? LOL
LOL..they should be good by now, so far, I have put every type of suspension on my car....lowering springs, coils and now air !!!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Finally got my kSport coils on the car. I need to play around with dampening and the height a little bit still. What do you think?

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,148 Posts
Car looks great Jason !.......How do you find the ride compared to the H&R's ?.....When I first went to coils after having them, I definitely noticed a firmer (somewhat less comfortable) ride. Got used to it pretty quick though and its nice to be able to move everything if you need to.......what are your spring rates ?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
55 Posts
Nice job Jason! Stance looks amazing. I am thinking that coilovers are my next mod. Your drop looks perfect, not too low. Is it harder to drive? Meaning since its lower, do you have to be a lot more careful on driveways, speed bumps, pot holes etc?

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Hey Jason! Do you still have your Optima?
Yes I do! Lots of mods happening to it atm. I need to start posting more pictures and i have a couple more DIY's to add as well.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Time for some log over due updates...
Decided to upgrade to 19" wheels this year. Axe Wheels Axe20's is the model, complete w rivets! And with new Nexen UHP tires as well. Tires so new, they're barely rated yet! haha. I'm having the wheels ceramic coated before I put them on so pics of that coming soon!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 · (Edited)
The car has received some engine upgrades as well! :) How about some KSR Spec GDI Pistons, KSR K1 Rods and a stuffed turbo (6+6 compressor wheel w/ 9 blade turbine wheel upgrade).

Custom pistons from Weisco

K1 rods

ARP studs

T20 6+6 compressor wheel

9 blade exhaust turbine

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
I decided my interior needed to look good too. So bought myself a carbon fiber steering wheel from SoCal Garage and OMG this thing is amazing. The black leather, the thick carbon fiber... its unreal to the point pictures dont do it justice! Oh, also color matched some bits on my dash and gloss blacked some others. More pictures of that to come soon! :)

SoCal Garage Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

Wheel assembled w/ some parts I painted

Adding color to the interior!

141 - 160 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.