Kia Optima Forums banner
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Does the glass spoiler serve a purpose besides looks?
Just looks. Of course you can always get a glass spoiler with a built in brake light and make it purposeful.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Ever since I've seen the piano black interior trim of the 2014 and 2015 Optima models I've wanted to change out my wood trim for the shiny piano black. Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Remin kit from CarID.com. Remin® - Kia Optima 2012 Main Dash Kit. Its a bit costly but once you receive it, you'll see why. Here are some pics of it on my car.

Even the steering wheel! Had to use the heat gun to bend the pieces and some good adhesion promoter, but it worked great!

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
As many of you know, I have the front lip and the side skirts from 2011-2013 KIA Optima ABS Ground Effects. Also, I am the first person in the U.S. to be running this kit, so am very proud to rep it! :) Here are some before and after.

front lip before

front lip after

side skirt before

side skirt after (don't have my black strip in them yet)

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Got myself a new rear diffuser too. This is made of fiberglass but if fit really really well. I might add some black highlights to it but looks great in red at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Got myself a new rear diffuser too. This is made of fiberglass but if fit really really well. I might add some black highlights to it but looks great in red at the moment.

FNB Diffuser, one of the best looking ones out there. I actually agreed with some black highlights as I think all red doesn't look quite fit the rear end, looks really good Jason and keep them mods coming bud :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
94 Posts
Looks very good Jason!! When did you get your new spoiler painted and mounted? I guess I missed that post.....I been a bit MIA lately......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Looks very good Jason!! When did you get your new spoiler painted and mounted? I guess I missed that post.....I been a bit MIA lately......
Thanks man! Lots of hard work. I got the spoiler a few months back. Its a David special and I have an unpublished DIY coming as well.

As always, looking good Jason! :thumbsup:
I appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
Man I been forgetting to post up about my CPE exhaust I got on the car. I am full 3" all the way... turbo back baby! The exhaust is possibly the most beautiful exhaust I have ever seen. CPE's titan finish is da bomb! Its a bit heavier than I expected but it wet together fairly easily. It has a unique sound to it for sure; it also has some rasp in it. I didn't expect to hear that from a $1000 exhaust, but other than that, sounds quiet at idle, no major drone of any sorts and certainly fun to drive! Enjoy the pics folks!

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,457 Posts
Thanks Will. Their options are confusing. You need the TPC modules.. that's the actual switchback module. You want it in the case (protects the unit). I have 6000k less as the 7000k are quite blue imo (i bought them first but didn't match other lighting I had). And for sake of install simplicity I bought the OEM turn signal piece. That way the led had been installed, everything resealed and I just needed to do the wiring. It comes to about $107 in total for the set, but it'll save on time. And it looks amazing btw!
I'm thinking about doing this over the Christmas break (I take 3 wks off, use them or lose them), anyway, what wiring did you have to do? I would hope it was mostly "plug-n-play" and not having to run power wires through the door, etc. I likely will replace the mirror covers with CF at the same time.

Can you elaborate on what you did?

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I'm thinking about doing this over the Christmas break (I take 3 wks off, use them or lose them), anyway, what wiring did you have to do? I would hope it was mostly "plug-n-play" and not having to run power wires through the door, etc. I likely will replace the mirror covers with CF at the same time. Can you elaborate on what you did?
Its sort of plug and play but one wire you will need to run to a wire within the door that provides power when the headlights are on. I did an entire write up on this in the DIY section. See http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/64-diy-appearance-body-modifications/121745-side-mirror-repeater-blinker-switchback-white-amber.html

Its straight forward but doable. Give yourself about 4 total hours to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
So not been doing a whole lot over winter. Fixing a few things mostly. but I did knock out a cluster swap the other day. LOVE the SX cluster and how it welcomes me and says see you soon! :) Little things right!! And the lighting on the cluster matches the lighting on the radio too.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima Optima
1,323 Posts
So not been doing a whole lot over winter. Fixing a few things mostly. but I did knock out a cluster swap the other day. LOVE the SX cluster and how it welcomes me and says see you soon!
Little things right!! And the lighting on the cluster matches the lighting on the radio too.

Nice bro looking real good! I gotta catch up to you!

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
547 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
121 - 140 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.