Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Where did you get the HID lights done here in Atlanta?
Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was reading this so I stopped updating. I went to a guy in the Douglasville area called Overlit Customs. He's on instagram. He charged half the price of other places but he took twice as long, lol. Mostly my fault. He also put on my rear LED bumpers lights and the Korean fogs, I forgot to tell him they would need trimming. Nice guy though.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

So, I've had these wheels on the Lexus for a couple years. SSR Vienna 18x8/18x9. The wife drives the car now so as much as I love it I want to get her off a staggered setup for simplicity. I will take these off and put the stock 15's back on which would give her better gas mileage also.

I'm still a huge fan of this style of wheel. What I'm thinking about doing now is getting these re-finished then putting them on the Optima. I was really trying to stay away from staggered setups there too but since I want new rims and I like these already it might be worth a shot. I have dented (and repaired) one rim before so I would change away from the current 235/40ZR-18 Kumho tires to give myself more cushion; probably 235/45 in front and 255/40 in the back. These downtown ATL streets don't play.

I found a pic of somebody who Photoshopped a similar wheel onto an Optima. My car isn't dropped (yet) but I do like this look a lot.

Looking to add quad exhaust tips and debadge the back next week.
Sadly, I was unable to get the wheel covers to fit on the rears with these wheels on the car so I'm back to stock SX with the wheel spacers. That was really a blessing in disguise because I hated the idea of traveling out of town while on staggered rims. I had them all refinished recently and I'll be selling them soon. Not sure which direction I'll go for rims, as I have a short list of likes and they're all either 19" or crazy expensive. I'm hoping some BC Forged HB29's will fall off a truck :)

CF mirror covers and a detailing next up.

·
Registered
2015 Optima Kia
5 Posts
Where did you get the HID lights done here in Atlanta?
Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was reading this so I stopped updating. I went to a guy in the Douglasville area called Overlit Customs. He's on instagram. He charged half the price of other places but he took twice as long, lol. Mostly my fault. He also put on my rear LED bumpers lights and the Korean fogs, I forgot to tell him they would need trimming. Nice guy though.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

So, I've had these wheels on the Lexus for a couple years. SSR Vienna 18x8/18x9. The wife drives the car now so as much as I love it I want to get her off a staggered setup for simplicity. I will take these off and put the stock 15's back on which would give her better gas mileage also.

I'm still a huge fan of this style of wheel. What I'm thinking about doing now is getting these re-finished then putting them on the Optima. I was really trying to stay away from staggered setups there too but since I want new rims and I like these already it might be worth a shot. I have dented (and repaired) one rim before so I would change away from the current 235/40ZR-18 Kumho tires to give myself more cushion; probably 235/45 in front and 255/40 in the back. These downtown ATL streets don't play.

I found a pic of somebody who Photoshopped a similar wheel onto an Optima. My car isn't dropped (yet) but I do like this look a lot.

Looking to add quad exhaust tips and debadge the back next week.
Sadly, I was unable to get the wheel covers to fit on the rears with these wheels on the car so I'm back to stock SX with the wheel spacers. That was really a blessing in disguise because I hated the idea of traveling out of town while on staggered rims. I had them all refinished recently and I'll be selling them soon. Not sure which direction I'll go for rims, as I have a short list of likes and they're all either 19" or crazy expensive. I'm hoping some BC Forged HB29's will fall off a truck

CF mirror covers and a detailing next up.
I ended up getting in done in norcross at dynamic appearance. I was a little hesitant even though I had been there before, but the guy did a great job.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,660 Posts
I got Satin black wrap on the grill chrome. I think it looks good. If I had been thinking I would have had them do the trim above the doors. I will probably get that done after New Year.

carbon fiber black on the fuel door. Also got carbon fiber wrap on the fuel door and mud guards.

The satin wrapped grill looks good.

Where did you get your grill wrapped and how much was it?

I really dislike my chrome grill on my car so I want to wrap mine as well.

LOL. You are right about the Optima being popular in the Atlanta area.

They are just as numerous as Honda Accords and Nissan Altima on the streets.

Not too many modded ones or SXL models, so you will stand out if you mod yours.

I have seen only a couple SXL models on the streets, new or old body style.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Just noticed this morning that my right side LEDs went out, 3 weeks out of warranty...yay! I don't have the skill to troubleshoot this myself.
You mean your DRL? I'm curious if you have a good relationship with the dealer then they would have replace it for you without any hassle. Have you try asking them at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,375 Posts
I'm talking about the DRLs from k5optimastore. The right yellow turn blink still works but the DRL white doesn't light.
Sorry to hear it, make sure to double check the wiring going to the turn signal, to make sure nothing came loose anywhere. If you don't find anything loose or disconnected, shoot us over an email, and we'll get it taken care of for you if still under warranty. [email protected]

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
The first is all stock at the wheels.

The new few pics are with TruHart shocks/struts, Eibach springs, 20mm GarageLine spacers on stock SX 18" wheels. Drop was definitely modest. I measured it pretty close to one inch but either my eyes are adjusting or it's settling more already. If the ride feels any different at all I would say it's more due to the Ultra Racing Performance Front StrutTower Bar, which I like a lot. I need to clean the engine before I photograph that.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Lighting:
Lamin-X tail light tint (Gunsmoke)
LED Rear Reflectors
CREE LED Fog Light Bulbs
5500k HID Conversion Kit
DRLs W/Turn Signal LEDs
License Plate Stage 2 LED Bulbs

Looks:
K5 badges for hood/trunk
Satin black wrap grill chrome
passenger seat risers
Flowmaster Quad exhaust tips
Seibon Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Liners

Performance:
TruHart Shocks/Struts
Eibach Lowering Springs
20mm GarageLine wheel spacers
Ultra Racing Performance Front Strut Tower Bar
Trunk lid bungie cord fix :)

I don't think I'll do much more for a while beyond carbon steering wheel; maybe carbon fiber mirror covers and diffuser.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
You running an oil catch can? I cant see one in the photos. So what is your next mod, an aftermarket air intake... give it some sound? :)

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Don't really have a good pic of it yet but I removed the 35% tint that was on when I bought it and got 20% Ceramic installed.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

R1 Concepts drilled/slotted brake rotors and ceramic pads. The place that installed them offered to paint the calipers for just the cost of paint.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Carbon mirror covers

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Running Mod List

Performance Mods:
20mm GarageLine wheel spacers
R1 Concepts drilled slotted brake rotors
Painted OEM calipers
TruHart shocks/struts
Eibach Lowering Springs
Ultra Racing Performance Front Strut Tower Bar

Lamin-X tail light tint (Gunsmoke)
Lamin-X yellow fog light tint
20% Ceramic window tint
OEM Mud guards
K5 badges for hood/trunk
Satin black wrap on grill
Carbon fiber wrap on fuel door (this will come off)
CREE LED Stage2 80 watt Fog Light Bulbs
5500k HID Conversion Kit
Daytime Running Lights W/Turn Signal LEDs
LED Rear Reflectors
Seibon Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
K5 C-Pillar Quarter Glass Plates
License Plate Stage 2 LED Bulb Set
Circle K wheel badges
Flowmaster Quad Exhaust Tips
Passenger Seat Riser Kit
Carbon fiber mirror covers

Next steps:
Carbon fiber steering wheel
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.