Kia Optima Forums banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima (Snow White Pearl)
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
So admittedly I haven't done too much to the car lately, but I did end up buying a SprintBooster. A little pricey but a cool little mod.

While I think there is a general misconception about WHAT this actually does, it essentially makes the gas pedal more 'sensitive' and lessens the travel distance of the pedal making the car's throttle feel more responsive by changing the voltage being sent to the computer as the pedal is depressed. You basically are removing the mush/dead-zone in the pedal and don't have to press as hard to make the car respond.

The computer still is in the mix and it doesn't just completely remove the delay when you stomp it (as people are led to believe). Anyway, it connects up to the harness attached to the gas pedal in a piggyback configuration, and then I ran it behind/under some the underside plastic trim and stuck it to the dash. I also touched up my wheels and got a new front vanity plate. :)

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima (Snow White Pearl)
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Been a while but some updates along with a photo shoot!
  1. Repaired curb rash on wheels
  2. Wheels painted gloss black coated in ceramic
  3. (Full) calipers painted bright red and coated in ceramic
  4. Paint touch ups on front bumper
  5. K5 center caps installed
Enjoy!

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.