Kia Optima Forums banner
481 - 500 of 515 Posts

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
You like that new body design, Stoli? I just can't seem to get over this older style

That all black layout must be an absolute nightmare to keep clean.
I wasn't a big fan any of them since the fox body (probably an age thing) and the '15 seems to have brought the styling into the modern day finally. As for the all black, my last 3 cars were all black, no biggie. The biggest pita are the wheels since these giant ass brakes shed so much dust they are dirty in an hour. New wheels are on order and ceramic pads will be coming soon to help with that.

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 · (Edited)
Nice!!! Can't wait to see it all modded out. (And hear it too)

So man the power right off the bat must be night and day over the Optima huh?

Any chance you could take a video of the factory exhaust idle and rev? I'm curious how they sound stock.
I never did get a pre-exhaust vid, but here's a quick one with the Ford Racing/Borla Sport. Idle/3000/6000/7000/idle (redline 7200)

Cold start to idle:

·
03/2015 ROTM
2013 Duh EX
2,118 Posts
I never did get a pre-exhaust vid, but here's a quick one with the Ford Racing/Borla Sport. Idle/3000/6000/7000/idle (redline 7200)

Lawnmower in the backseat?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

How much for the screw???? :eek:ccasion14:
:lmao:

·
12/2014 ROTM
146 Posts
I never did get a pre-exhaust vid, but here's a quick one with the Ford Racing/Borla Sport.
F U, stoli! :raspberry: Haha Damnit I love that deeeep tone. People always ask me if I'll do an exhaust (just earlier today, in fact), and hellll to the nnnaaaawww. I haven't heard an exhaust that sounded good on the K5 (IMHO). So ricey/farty/bumblebee-ey to me, epecially when a 6+ cylinder vehicle rolls up. :lipsrsealed:

How much for the screw???? :eek:ccasion14:
LOL Optimaniac :banana:

·
Registered
2016 Bagged HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Nice, love that muscle sound Stoli. im also in the market of searching an exhaust for my small engine Subaru WRX :D

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,567 Posts
Anything new John?

·
04/2014 ROTM
2011 SX
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
Anything new John?
Lol. Not me.

Significant changes are new half shafts rated at 800whp from The Drive Shaft Shop.

This week I picked up a nitrous kit and will be installing and tuning for it in the next week or so. That should get me in the high 500's whp and low 600's wtq.

Custom headlights should be in next month.

Extra (wider) rear wheels with drag radials should also be here next month.

Some engine bay clean up / dress up for shows.

BlackView 650 2ch dash/rear cameras installed

481 - 500 of 515 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.