1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· 05/2015 ROTM
2011 Kia Optima
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my Showroom.

Bringing it home for the first time.

First mod. Turbo "T" emblem.

Moar Low. Installed some Megan Racing springs.

Rebadged with black 3.0 K emblems. Custom K5 front plate.

Swapped most bulbs with LED's. Stage 2 CREE 80w fogs 5000k, exLED interior kit 5000k, Stage 2 LED license plate bulbs. More to come on the LED front. ;)

Rearview mounted, and hardwired Cobra XRS radar detector for those WOT moments. :lol:

Debadged Optima emblem on trunk lid. Removed T-GDI emblem, and relocated it to interior. Added Sickspeed red Turbo emblem.

K&N drop-in filter and DIY vent to atmosphere BOV mod.

Duplicolor red caliper paint kit.

Decided to start shopping wheels and was interested in going with a bronze wheel. I was unsure how I would like it over time, so I decided to PlastiDip my stockies to test the water.

Finally decided on wheels. Machine and matte black Drag DR60 18x8 +35. I think they look fantastic, but thinking about adding a 10-15mm spacer on front and a 20mm on the rear.

A little lakeside photo shoot on a nice spring day to show off the new wheels.

Afternoon Photo sesh.

Got my little dude helping keep it clean.

One of my buddies taking some "real" photos.

...and the results.

· 05/2015 ROTM
2011 Kia Optima
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Current Mod List:

Interior:
-Rearview mirror mounted/hardwired Cobra XRS radar detector
-exLED 5000k interior LED set
-Red cup holder LEDs
-Tinted windows 20% front / 5% brow / 5% rear
-Relocated T-GDI emblem to interior
-Pioneer AVH4000NEX 7" headunit
-Metra Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel interface
-Q-Logic Type 3 dual 12" subwoofer enclosure
-Crunch GVP700.2 700 watt amplifier
-2 MTX T6124AR 12" subwoofers
-Scosche 4-gauge amplifier wiring
-K5 shift knob emblem (red)
-3M Di Noc carbon fiber vinyl wrapped interior pieces

Engine/performance:
-K&N drop-in filter
-DIY K&N BOV
-Gloss white PCV Saikou Michi OCC
-Nameless Short Ram Intake

Exterior:
-Drag DR60 Wheels 18x8 +35
- Goodyear Fierce Instinct 225/45ZR18 tires
-Megan Racing lowering springs (-1.5” all around)
-Duplicolor caliper paint kit (red)
-Matte black Morris Club rear diffuser
-Black 3.0 K emblems
-Turbo 'T' emblem
-Sickspeed rear turbo badge (red)
-Myride rear glass spoiler
-EZ-Lip
-White Sickspeed dual 118db horns
-Sickspeed horn wiring harness
-Weathertech window deflectors
-Stage 2 5000k license plate LEDs
-K5OS 5000k switchbacks
-Stage 2 80w 5000k CREE LED fogs
-Satin black vinyl wrap all chrome trim
-Concept 3 Plate frames

· Registered
2012 SX
1,895 Posts

That's it up until today. Not bad IMO for only owning her for 4 months. :D

Do the 5 spokers for sure over bronze wheel. I was so close to going with a 5spoke chromie. They look awesome.

I noticed the car on all four jacks too. Where exactly did you end up placing the two rear jacks? Mine ended up just barely behind the line of the front doors....seemed "too much middle" of the car instead of being more towards the rear. I didn't see a single jack point though behind where that rail stops though.

· 05/2015 ROTM
2011 Kia Optima
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did the 5 spokers for sure. I was so close to going with a 5spoke chromie.

I noticed the car on all four jacks too. Where exactl did you end up plaing the two rear jacks? Mine ended up just barely behind the line of the front doors....seemed "too much middle" of the car instead of being towards the rear. I didn't see a single jack point though behind that rail.
Yeah, there isn't really a good spot for it honestly. I just did kind of what you did. Mine were sitting roughly in the middle of the back doors. I was worried it was "too much middle" as well, but it sat on those jack stands in my garage for 3 days while I worked on the brakes and calipers and was solid as a rock.

· Registered
2012 SX
1,895 Posts
Yeah, there isn't really a good spot for it honestly. I just did kind of what you did. Mine were sitting roughly in the middle of the back doors. I was worried it was "too much middle" as well, but it sat on those jack stands in my garage for 3 days while I worked on the brakes and calipers and was solid as a rock.
Awesome, good to know. I'm guessing since there's no rear drivetrain all the weight is in the front 50% of the car anyway. I was worried about the car folding in half though =P.

Keep it up man, looks cherry.

· 05/2015 ROTM
2011 Kia Optima
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do the 5 spokers for sure over bronze wheel. I was so close to going with a 5spoke chromie. They look awesome.
They are actually a machined face, not chrome. I'm not really a fan of chrome wheels on a white car. I hope to get rid of all the chrome trim soon with some vinyl wraps! :cool:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.