$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]

Morimoto and Osram pics
$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

    Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Morimoto and Osram pics

  1. #1
    Newbie Carl292's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7

    Morimoto and Osram pics

    Hi everyone!
    Planning on getting my daughter either morimoto or osram hid bulbs in 5500k. I had searched long and hard ,but cant find any threads that show a before after pics of everyones upgrades headlights(??)
    Maybe I’m searching wrong

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chatsworth, CA
    Posts
    27,776
    Year
    2017
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Hey Carl, it’s pretty difficult to capture front headlight lighting, before and after, unless it’s being specifically tested in the exact same spot in front of a wall. Not many people will take the time to do this accurately anymore these days.

    I can tell you that the difference between these two are quite significant. The OSRAM CBI HID bulbs that we carry on our website are 20% brighter than the stock factory HID bulbs, which would be the same equivalency/light output, as the aftermarket Morimoto HID bulbs.

    You can see some of the different photos we have of these on our website, but not a before and after. Check them out on our website here:
    HID Lighting Upgrades - K5 Optima Store





  4. The Following User Says Kudos to K5 Optima Store For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Learner's Permit Dubbayoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    279
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX w/Premium Technology pkg
    If you check out the YouTube channel of theretrofitsource they compare those bulbs pretty well.

  6. The Following User Says Kudos to Dubbayoo For This Useful Post:


  7. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

  8. #4
    Riding Lawn Mower FrknPHIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    27
    Year
    2014
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    Hey Carl, it’s pretty difficult to capture front headlight lighting, before and after, unless it’s being specifically tested in the exact same spot in front of a wall. Not many people will take the time to do this accurately anymore these days.

    I can tell you that the difference between these two are quite significant. The OSRAM CBI HID bulbs that we carry on our website are 20% brighter than the stock factory HID bulbs, which would be the same equivalency/light output, as the aftermarket Morimoto HID bulbs.

    You can see some of the different photos we have of these on our website, but not a before and after. Check them out on our website here:
    HID Lighting Upgrades - K5 Optima Store
    I agree with David. I was doing my own research and I put the OSRAM bulbs on my K5OS wishlist instead of the Morimoto's since they look much brighter. My thoughts are if you're gonna replace something as important as headlights, best to go with the top of the line. Those things will light up everything reflective and then some lol.
    -FckinPHIL
    2014 Kia Optima SX-Turbo SWP
    Premium & Tech Package

    Exterior
    14': OptiCoat|19': OptiCoat Pro+
    15% Front Tint, 30% Back Tint, 15% Rear Tint
    VMR Rims V721|Nexen N'Fera SU1 Tires
    Stoptech slotted rotors|Front Stoptech Street Touring Pads, Rear Posiquiet Pads
    Rear Mud Flaps
    K&N Typhoon Intake
    HOAT Coolant
    6k CREE LED Fog Lights [K5OS]
    50W CREE LED Reverse Lights [K5OS]
    Kia 3.0 K Logo Set [K5OS]

    Interior
    Escort 9500ix Radar w/ BlendMount
    Innovv C2 Dashcam
    DropStop Gap Filler

  9. The Following User Says Kudos to FrknPHIL For This Useful Post:


  10. #5
    Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chatsworth, CA
    Posts
    27,776
    Year
    2017
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by philipnguyen88 View Post
    I agree with David. I was doing my own research and I put the OSRAM bulbs on my K5OS wishlist instead of the Morimoto's since they look much brighter. My thoughts are if you're gonna replace something as important as headlights, best to go with the top of the line. Those things will light up everything reflective and then some lol.





  11. #6
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    378
    Year
    2016
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    Snow White Pearl - ................ Aubergine Nappa
    David, I'm definitely a Low Beam Improvement candidate even with '16 SXL HID's, so in Googling Osram I found the - Xenarc Night Breaker Lasers - which they say ---XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER is the brightest OSRAM xenon light.--- Appears to be 66340XNL for D3S --

    What do you know about them (appear to be $210)? There must be some reason you offer the CBI's ( and Rolls Royce uses them) rather than what Osram calls the brightest Xenon.

    BTW, the "country road" night pic on your Ad page is what got my attention but the caption from HID Planet site link you offer is -- [ "another happy customer. newer audi a4 with bixenon and CBI bulbs (in hi beam mode). who likes daytime at night?"] ---. In your D3S Question section Anthony asked: ["Would these bulbs work with the bi-xenon headlights in the 2016 Optima SXL? Reply: Yes sir, that is exactly what they are designed to be used in". ] My Manual says SXL's have 55w HB3 (9005) HI's, so I'm lost on the '16 SXL Bi-xenon (Hi/Lo in Same Bulb, Right?) question/answer.

    Thanks for clarification on any of this , mainly the CBI Vs XNL..
    Last edited by COS-16SXL; 05-20-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Built 12/14/15 -- Bought 12/23/15
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Yokohama Advan Sport A/S ... 235/45R18 (10++ So far)
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk



    Diapers, Politicians, & the Media All Need Changing for the Same Reason



  12. #7
    OptimaForums Veteran DINO2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    T.O
    Posts
    4,396
    Year
    2011
    Trim
    SX 2.0T
    Not trying to hi-jack this thread but I’ve changed a few Osram bulbs myself ranging from the Morimoto to Osram CBI and currently using D3S Osram CBB 7000K. The CBI are bright but they’re not brightest imo and therefore I replaced it with the CBB, I have some pics for reference and these picture doesn’t do justice but the CBB are a slightly brighter. Pics were taken from 3 different distances, the left are CBI and the right are CBB.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #8
    Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chatsworth, CA
    Posts
    27,776
    Year
    2017
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by COS-16SXL View Post
    David, I'm definitely a Low Beam Improvement candidate even with '16 SXL HID's, so in Googling Osram I found the - Xenarc Night Breaker Lasers - which they say ---XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER is the brightest OSRAM xenon light.--- Appears to be 66340XNL for D3S --
    Awesome, I would be happy to help you get setup with the best option available.

    Quote Originally Posted by COS-16SXL View Post
    What do you know about them (appear to be $210)? There must be some reason you offer the CBI's (and Rolls Royce uses them) rather than what Osram calls the brightest Xenon.
    They are newer then the OSRAM CBI Bulbs and are currently the brightest HID Bulb replacements on the market.

    We actually sell these as well, they just are not listed on our website currently. However, anyone interested in ordering them from us, we can send an invoice to order directly through our website.

    The reason we don't have these listed currently, is because the majority of our customers want to move away from the warmer 4,300k color the factory HID bulbs put out. So with these being in the 4,200k color temperature, they are even slightly warmer in color than the stock factory bulbs are. In my personal opinion, the small difference in light output between these and the CBI's doesn't justify the warmer color temperature and higher cost. (Literally 100 lumens difference between the two) I also believe this is why companies like Rolls Royce prefer the CBI's over these as well, but could only speculate on that one.

    With the OSRAM XENARC 66340 CBI HID D3S Bulbs we sell, they come in only the 5,500k-6,000k color range, and have that bright white color output.

    Quote Originally Posted by COS-16SXL View Post
    In your D3S Question section Anthony asked: ["Would these bulbs work with the bi-xenon headlights in the 2016 Optima SXL? Reply: Yes sir, that is exactly what they are designed to be used in". ] My Manual says SXL's have 55w HB3 (9005) HI's, so I'm lost on the '16 SXL Bi-xenon (Hi/Lo in Same Bulb, Right?) question/answer.

    Thanks for clarification on any of this , mainly the CBI Vs XNL..
    I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are asking.

    A Bi-Xenon setup is when both the low beam and high beam are using the same HID bulb. Since the 2016 Optima SX-L uses a Bi-Xenon setup, the 9005/HB3 bulbs should handle both the low beams and high beams with 1 set of bulbs. Hope I understood that and replied accordingly.





  14. #9
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    378
    Year
    2016
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    Snow White Pearl - ................ Aubergine Nappa
    David, Thanks for the Replies to all issues.
    Since my manual shows Lo's: 35w HID D3S Or 55w HB3 --- AND 55w HB3 HI's .... Showing HID beside a 35w D3S Bulb and 55w for HI's there's No way for my expertise to realize Bi-Xenon is involved; I still can't understand it but accept what you say.

    I wondered about the 4200 and the WHY, knowing most younger users would hate the thought.

    I wish Dino2k's Pics had a vertical line between his CBI and CBB's coverage as "On left & right" isn't much help.

    Oil chg at dealer in a month. I MAY try to Install but I'll get a quote and see what's next. Many Thanks again!
    Built 12/14/15 -- Bought 12/23/15
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Yokohama Advan Sport A/S ... 235/45R18 (10++ So far)
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk



    Diapers, Politicians, & the Media All Need Changing for the Same Reason



  15. #10
    OptimaForums Veteran DINO2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    T.O
    Posts
    4,396
    Year
    2011
    Trim
    SX 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by COS-16SXL View Post
    David, Thanks for the Replies to all issues.
    Since my manual shows Lo's: 35w HID D3S Or 55w HB3 --- AND 55w HB3 HI's ....

    I wish Dino2k's Pics had a vertical line between his CBI and CBB's coverage as "On left & right" isn't much help.

    Oil chg at dealer in a month. I MAY try to Install but I'll get a quote and see what's next. Many Thanks again!
    Wish I could help you out and my 2014 SF XL uses D3S so it doesn’t have that sweet cut off line or vertical line that we all wanted. Regardless I just wanted to show you that the CBI’s aren’t the brightest on the market imo and if I were you I would go for the Night Breaker because that’s definitely one of the best out there. GL!!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Osram Xenarc D1S 66144 CBI Installation (Pics)
    By bad habit in forum The Service Center
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 06:43 PM
  2. Add Morimoto bulbs and clear lens or just go full out Mini H1 retrofit?
    By staltronics in forum Optima Appearance and Body Modifications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 01:01 PM
  3. Angel Eyes and Osram Bulbs! (Pics!)
    By Ohhey1 in forum Entertainment: Audio, Navigation, and Electronics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 02:21 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 10:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0