License Plate Bracket on Front Grill?
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: License Plate Bracket on Front Grill?

Riding Lawn Mower heart.breaker's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX

License Plate Bracket on Front Grill?

Anybody have this?

https://www.slybrackets.com/store/#!...372/category=0

Since we don't have a tow hook, I've been looking at alternatives since I'm not a huge fan of the plate on the front bumper (I'm from Ontario, so a front plate is mandatory).

They have a picture here to show that it's compatible with the 2016 Optima: https://www.slybrackets.com/wp-conte...-Optima-ex.jpg

Not sure how secure it is but I've seen a couple of videos here and there and on some subreddits for other cars like the Golf (apparently some tow hook plate mounts blocks one of the proximity sensors for certain years )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Based out of a Top-Secret bunker in an undisclosed location
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    I don't have that bracket, but I do have the stock bracket - with a powerful magnet embedded into it, and a corresponding magnet hidden in my bumper.

That way, I can mount a front plate securely when getting my car inspected, but it comes off with a quick tug when I don't want it on (which is 99.99% of the time)

It's an easy mod you can do yourself, and you can grab appropriate magnets right off Amazon.

RE: front license plates, and whether or not you should have one:
    Not sure about where you live, but around here, the general consensus from the cops I've spoken to on the subject is: "we have far more important things to do than pull people over for something like that"

As long as you have it mounted when you get your car inspected, that should be fine.
    Last edited by Unit ZER0; 05-30-2019 at 04:56 AM.
    ZER0

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    LOL at least your model year Optima came with a front plate bracket--apparently Kia cheaped out and opted not to include one in recent model year Optimas, including 2018 (mine). Full disclosure--I don't have my front plate mounted on mine; however, since there is no front plate bracket I get to deal with either two unsightly holes or two unsightly license plate screws. Fortunately I was able to find a couple of black-colored screw caps to place over the screw heads so at least now the front bumper looks a bit more clean/classy looking.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements