$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]

2019 KIA K900 Presentation - Look out Audi and BMW
$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 KIA K900 Presentation - Look out Audi and BMW

OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid

2019 KIA K900 Presentation - Look out Audi and BMW

Watched this video and KIA seems to plan to make this car in a bit of a performance luxury car, targeting Audi and BMW again! They touted the car having a perfect 50/50 weight distribution, torque vectoring, electronically adjustable suspension and handling to go up against the Germans with a luxury cabin. Looking at it, I now understand why it wasn't as long as a G90, seems they are going for 7 Series Short Wheel Base setup to give you some sportiness with the luxury. Damn KIA, you guys are going straight to the big dogs and taunting them! LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Wow, I have to say I am surprised to see this.

I didn't think they would add turbos to the K900, so I am happy to see this.

If only this was introduced a few years back, I would have been all over it.

Unfortunately, with the advancement of electric vehicle technology, ICE models are already outdated before they are released.

However, I will admit that the new headlights and tail lights do look incredible.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima SWP
    Trim
    S
    Time to buy some lottery tickets! ..................................
    2018 Optima S in Snow White Pearl
    2018 Niro EX in Cerulean Blue
    2018 Niro LX with Advance Technology Package in Cerulean Blue
    TVC15

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Banned
    They are going to sell dozens of them, even hundreds!

Honestly, it looks hideous and I'm not sure which demographic they are targeting. Young people want the Stinger. Old people want Caddies and S class. Suburbians want the SUV. Urbanites want e-skateboards. This will literally be a tough sell.

7. The Following User Says Kudos to XxHaimBondxX For This Useful Post:

Year
    Model
    Black SX Prem. & Tech.
    I'd need to see it in person, but something about it makes me feel like the looks are kind of dated already, like I wouldn't realize it's a new design, but instead I would mistake it for an early 90s car or something, until I noticed the headlights and taillights? Just that body shape.

And I just realized this car is a dog. Literally "Canine Hundred"

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    I feel they should have evolved the previous design, it was good looking but lacked any real performance. From what I read the handling was sloppy but it had the luxury goods. This interior looks a lot better and the vehicle looks stately. Cars at that level don’t sell in droves. A 5 series with less equipment and space sells for around $72K decently specced, with a 6 cylinder. If they price this under that like the outgoing model and it drives and handle better based on the 50/50 weight distribution and other things they have done to it, they will sell a few.

Volvo’s S90 only has a 4 cylinder and in T6 Inscription trim its $70K, with the T8 twin power plugin hybrid power train, it starts at $68. Similarly equipped to the T6 it is $80K. The K900 looks marginally larger than the G80 and not as large as the G90, specs aren’t out yet but if that’s the case it’s a ‘tweener like the Stinger. It was released in Korea so the ride and drive should be out soon over there and we will know more then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Yeah, based on S class and 7 series sale data, price is not the factor. There is only so much people will pay for a Kia. Hyundai realized that, and if they pull it off it'll be a miracle.[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]Also, cars in this price range are usually leased. Kia and Hyundai have the worst money factor right now. Not sure why they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX View Post
    Yeah, based on S class and 7 series sale data, price is not the factor. There is only so much people will pay for a Kia. Hyundai realized that, and if they pull it off it'll be a miracle.[COLOR=Silver]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]Also, cars in this price range are usually leased. Kia and Hyundai have the worst money factor right now. Not sure why they are shooting themselves in the foot.
    Yeah, their lease numbers certainly needs to be improved. They could certainly get some more vehicles on the street that way.

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Mazda
    Model
    Trim
    Grand Touring Reserve
    The point of the K900 is to show that Kia can make a nice quality luxury car. If it was meant to sell in high volumes, it would've been axed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    Unfortunately, with the advancement of electric vehicle technology, ICE models are already outdated before they are released.
    We'll see when those government credits run out. Until you can get a midsize electric sedan with at least 300 miles of range for $25,000 without tax credits, the ICE is going to be the main choice. It's cool that you can personally afford $80,000+ cars, but for the rest of us electric vehicles are still a while off, although it is definitely improving.
    Last edited by TechZeke; 04-08-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by TechZeke View Post
    We'll see when those government credits run out. Until you can get a midsize electric sedan with at least 300 miles of range for $25,000 without tax credits, the ICE is going to be the main choice. It's cool that you can personally afford an $80,000+ cars, but for this rest of us electric vehicles are still a while off, although it is definitely improving.
    That, plus not everybody lives in a house in which a charging station can be set up where one can easily plug in his/her EV--how exactly will folks who live in apartments that don't have garages or stalls that are conducive for charging stations. How would someone who lives on say, the 5th floor of a multi-story apartment complex be able to charge his EV--run a 100-ft extension cord from the balcony of his apartment...assuming that his apartment even has a balcony, or at least one that faces his parking stall? And I won't even get into the logistics of even having charging stations installed in apartment complex garages--will the apartment complex owner allow a tenant to install one, given that technically the garage/stall does not belong to the tenant?

14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast