2019 KIA K900 Presentation - Look out Audi and BMW - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 KIA K900 Presentation - Look out Audi and BMW

OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Let’s hope some will be around, they say KIA is only planning on bringing 700 here this year, if they sell out, then it would be order as needed. Based on how luxuriously appointed it is, I figure the owners might hold on to them for the long haul. It’s a great bargain for the price and what you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Banned
    They will probably throw a shit ton of incentives to lease out those 700. Then a couple of years later CPOs will be available. I still can't imagine paying this much and dealing with Kia "dumb and dumber" service.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    As far as my area, only 1 place I know of that will carry the K900 and they are a pretty good dealer. I say this as I have dealt with some characters over the years there and they are no longer there and the GM is a good guy to deal with. They certainly are working on improving their experience and there is one sales guy in particular that while young, has become the top sales guy there and is working on helping the store to improve on customer service. The stores rates high enough that they are allowed to carry that product and have dedicated folks to present that vehicle.

Personally, I think KIA could benefit by splitting up their line up, the Stinger, K900 and that upcoming Telluride should have a separate set of folks to sell and service those vehicles. I know they said they have no plans on spinning a luxury line at present, but imagine a line wearing the Engineered for Excellence badge that is a no compromise, luxury sedan/SUV, with power and performance and just a different breed from the rest of the KIA lineup. Heck, bring over that ProCeed shooting brake in a performance only variant with an engine with @ 300 hp/tq rating, do one with a slight lift for a cross country version and body cladding (you know, for the folks that want a lifted wagon), even if that power is achieved by a hybrid system, it should be performance based. They would have a nice split of vehicles and staff to take care of the folks going for the upper trim. Leave the KIA badge on their regular line and use the “E” badge on the sportier, luxury types. What do you think about that idea?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Banned
    Lol, I don't know what to think. I love my car, but dread stepping a foot inside the dealership. The K900 looks great on the inside, but If I had to fork over $70k of my money, one negative experience would probably be enough to unload it. I don't think there is any money in it, if Kia decides to split up the brand just to sell a couple of sedans, catered to brand loyal enthusiasts. I also think when people shop high end brands, they would rather choose less options than switch to a value brand. I think they should just perfect what they have now and become a solid competitor to Honda and Toyota, and definitely fire everyone that works for both of my local dealerships. (I know they don't work directly for Kia, but still...)

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Lol! Seem like you have a crappy dealer in your area that you have to deal with. I think if dealers want to improve, they should get some secret shoppers to come in and work some deals at their shop to see how their people are treated and learn how the high end places do it so they can improve. Don’t think I’m ready for the kind of ride the K900 has currently, I would like the sport mode to be better. Plus, I would wait for better incentives to pick one up. Right now, I think I would upgrade to another Stinger with more options, like I have been doing with the Optima. My main things at this point are a quieter cabin (better glass), a better infotainment system (wide screen and more tuning options for the sound system) with remote access capabilities (start, windows open/close) and a sportier sport mode.

Banned
    I like it, secret shoppers buying a vehicle, where do I sign up for my spending money? I think they know they are crappy, but having a monopoly over a million people probably won't force things for the better.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123