[DIY] : Chirp/Alarm Upgrade - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chirp/Alarm Upgrade

Learner's Permit
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrade View Post

HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

Just did this on my EX & it did matter which prong went into which slot, will take a pic... When it was reversed it did not work at all tried multiple times, nothing... Reversed prongs and bingo!

Also note there is a switch that must be pressed if u try to test this with the hood open right by the coolant tank, on the passenger side, or just shut the hood...

Here is how I had to wire our EX, the clip to remove the connector is on the north side in this pic...

Thanks for that picture. I was wandering how it was inserted since I'm at work.

Definitely going to do this, thanks OP.
    2012 Corsa Blue SX
    Window Tint (Need to redo) | K-Emblems | LED Interior & License Plate | Fog Light Blue Tint | Automated Folding Mirrors | LED Switchbacks | CREE Reverse LEDs | eBay Strut Bar | DRLs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Optima LX
    I cannot see OP's pictures? I hate the stock locking alarm on my 16' Optima, so I'm going to swap mine out today.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by str1pes View Post
    I cannot see OP's pictures? I hate the stock locking alarm on my 16' Optima, so I'm going to swap mine out today.
    This thread was from a little over 4.5 years ago, so that'as why most all of the pics are now broken and not showing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Optima LX
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    This thread was from a little over 4.5 years ago, so that'as why most all of the pics are now broken and not showing.

Gotcha. I wonder if I can find another picture tutorial. Thanks for the reply

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Optima LX
    Figured it out. Thanks so much O.P. I just electrical taped the hell out of the wires because I didn't have heat shrink. Hopefully that will be ok....

This chirp on the 514LN sounds so much better than the old wimpy beep that sounded like it should be locking a mini smart car or golf cart sized automobile.

I cut the black wire to make the chirp a tiny bit louder. Will make it a little easier for my wife & I to find our car in a busy parking lot when we forget where we parked it. Paid $9.68 total (shipped!!!). Best mod ever for the price!

8. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234