[DIY] : Modifying Factory Door Mood Light for More Light (DIFFICULT JOB) - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Modifying Factory Door Mood Light for More Light (DIFFICULT JOB)

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    I got resistors at 470ohms does that make the mood light brighter or less bright?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Just ordered some resistors and should have a soldering iron somewhere around here to do this in the next couple weeks. Was tempted to order another set of mood lights to pre-resistor it and just be a plug and play install..

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by muddycj5 View Post
    Just in case anyone is wondering, I initially replaced the resistors with a 470 ohm resistor and still wasn't thrilled with the amount of light output. I pulled the door panel off again and put a layer of aluminum foil on top of the luminescent strip. The addition of the aluminum foil doubled the amount of light output. I am much happier with it now.
    How did you get the foil to fit in there? Any pics?
    Also what happens if you just remove the top resister all together? That's what I did on both sides and the light output in my opinion looks unchanged.
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Just completed this mod! I will say that they are much brighter than before. I think the black plastic of the panels really washes out how bright they actually are.

I purchased another set of the lights on ebay and did my soldering first. Once I had those done, I took the door panels off and swapped in the new wiring harness. I may go back and cover the diffuser plastic with some reflective tape. Overall, not too hard of a job.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234