EDC -What do you carry? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDC -What do you carry?

Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2015 Kia Optima sx turbo
    Trim
    Titanium SX Turbo
    I carry my M&P Shield 40 or my 3.8' compact XDM. Both have TruGlo sights. The TrueGlo's make a huge difference. I carry where ever I can. I live in Illinois and I am a correctional officer. I didn't have to test for my CCL and got the license in 90 days. It sucks that my license isn't reciprocated in the surrounding states but we don't honor states around us either. Stupid Illinois.
    2015 Optima Sx Turbo
    K5 Badges front, back and all 4 wheel caps.
    Sound plate, 1 Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can(PCV side)ARK Cat Back exhaust
    , ARK DT-S midpipe included w/HFC, K&N drop in filter, remote start and 50% on front window and 20% on back windows.

Future upgrades:
    Mehgan downpipe, 1 Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can, Wagner Intercooler, Meghan Street Racing coilovers, tune and plugs, tires and rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Forte
    Model
    Kia Forte SX Sedan
    Trim
    SX

Taurus 24/7 Pro-Compact in .45acp. 10+1, witha 12 rd backup mag.
    Last edited by Munky; 05-15-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by IronSights View Post
    I conceal carry a Taurus M85 / 38 Special with +P Hollow points.
    Even though it is only a 2.5" barrel, I can get 1" groupings at 7 yards.
    Plus I can carry winter or summer.

I do have a LCP 380 if I want something less profile in winter and
    a Ordnance 1911 A1 for those winter time carries when I want something with more punch!
    One of the only reason's I bought my LCP was for the conceal-ability. I need to get a laser for it, because I think if I shot it enough to get accurate at 10+ yards with it, I'd go broke.

Those are two of the guns I have on my want list. A snub nosed .38 Special is something I've always wanted. I think any self respecting gun person should have at least one 1911 in their collection. I will have one eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by MP IQ Vet View Post
    I carry my M&P Shield 40 or my 3.8' compact XDM. Both have TruGlo sights. The TrueGlo's make a huge difference. I carry where ever I can. I live in Illinois and I am a correctional officer. I didn't have to test for my CCL and got the license in 90 days. It sucks that my license isn't reciprocated in the surrounding states but we don't honor states around us either. Stupid Illinois.
    I kind of wish I would've gotten the .40 in the Shield, but went with the 9mm for ammo availability. I plan on getting some upgraded night sights eventually, but the M&P's are almost perfect from the factory IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bobzilla75 View Post
    Taurus 24/7 Pro-Compact in .45acp. 10+1, witha 12 rd backup mag.
    Bob don't play no games! He's got a hog leg on him all the time!
    -Showroom-

Sold 9/2015

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Forte
    Model
    Kia Forte SX Sedan
    Trim
    SX
    Nah.... when I want "hogleg" I wear the full size 1911 with the 5" bbl. That thing is a hoss... but accurate as shit. I actually bought that Taurus to flip. Paid $250 for it, in the box, a holster and 150rds of ammo. Realized that fully loaded with 12+1 it's a lb lighter than the 1911 and smaller/easier to conceal. grip angle is similar to the 1911 so it points well. after about 200 rds the trigger got infinitely better and I just bought a better holster and kept it.

This was the haul a while back from one of the gunshows where I bought some stuffs:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...r/6AF42D91.jpg

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    SX Turbo
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by OG SX View Post
    Those are two of the guns I have on my want list. A snub nosed .38 Special is something I've always wanted. I think any self respecting gun person should have at least one 1911 in their collection. I will have one eventually!
    I got my M85 brand new for $260 on GunBroker shipped.

Just remember the LCP is meant for close range.....the average self defense shooting takes place at 7 yards or less.

I love my 1911. It was the first pistol I qualified on in the service before going to the M9.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MP IQ Vet View Post
    Heck here in WA state just filled out form, got finger printed for FBI and had mine within 30 days.
    Of course I had Top Secret clearance in Military for my whole 20 years, so that could of helped with time.

And only $55 to boot.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12