Kia Optima Forums banner

Help!! Transmission Issue!!

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Ian FA 
#1 ·
So driving home from work this morning, something weird happened. I was driving along at about 50-60mph and all of a sudden the car jerk really hard, I heard a thunk, I thought I ran over something. But then I noticed the RPM were a little high for the speed I was going so I switch into manual mode, and see that the tranny is in 4th gear and would not shift up or down. I shift to neutral and then back to drive, and again a thunk and back into 4th. I pulled over at a gas station, put it in park, turn the car off, turn it back on, and everything is fine. Never had any warning or caution lights. Car shifted perfectly fine after restarting it. I'm thinking something electronic because if it was mechanical, turning the car off and back on wouldn't have fixed it. Anyone have any experience with something like this???

#5 ·
I'm going to bring it in this weekend. I think it's def. something electronic. I found a newish TSB about some tranny issues being related to a couple of sensors that can cause jerking/erratic shifting/hesitation shifting so hoping it's just a sensor or something.

#8 ·
What i'm thinking. It's what TSB is for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.