Remote Start
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Start

Question Remote Start

Alright so I browsed around before posting this and I didn't get the answer i was looking for so I'll ask..

Basically I'm looking to get the Viper 590 Security/Remote Start installed on my car. Question is is it going to be possible due to the smart key & push button start... I went to an independant shop that stated that it's possible but they would have to look into the whole Smart Key/Push Start by using a bypass so it doesn't cause a problem.. so my concerns arose when I didn't get a definite answer..

As well I've seen the accessories brochure for the 2011 Kia Optima & they have the remote start (ONLY) on the brochure now. So is it safe to say it can be done w/the security system as well??
    JHall520's Showroom
    2013 2.0L SX Ebony Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Lube Jockey
    I'll be interested to see the results of your test i would also like a remote start, but KIA said they wouldnt do it at the time because of the push button ignition

Well I actually know an auto tech at best buy.. he told me that it is possible to do although since there is no over ride for the smart key when you open the door the car is going to shut off.. :/.. kind of defeats the purpose. I kind of answered my own question here but if somehow/someway someone knows a way around that, that would be awesome.. cause i don't like the fact that it'll shut off on me when i open the door..
    JHall520's Showroom
    2013 2.0L SX Ebony Black

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/22...ote-start.html Read through this forums. Not sure if you can use the system you want (you probably can) but this will give you all the information you need to know
    ___SOLD - 2011 Optima LX Bright Silver Metallic, Convenience Package w/Remote Start___
    ___PURCHASED - 2014 Mustang V6 Oxford White, 6-speed Manual Transmission___

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1stBuy View Post
    https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/22...ote-start.html Read through this forums. Not sure if you can use the system you want (you probably can) but this will give you all the information you need to know

Yea I read through it, it looks like one person has got it down. I guess I'll go ahead and attempt it and see what gives lol:p
    JHall520's Showroom
    2013 2.0L SX Ebony Black

Quote Originally Posted by Jhall520 View Post
    Yea I read through it, it looks like one person has got it down. I guess I'll go ahead and attempt it and see what gives lol:p
    good luck. hope all goes well
    ___SOLD - 2011 Optima LX Bright Silver Metallic, Convenience Package w/Remote Start___
    ___PURCHASED - 2014 Mustang V6 Oxford White, 6-speed Manual Transmission___

jhall520 how did the install go???

Quote Originally Posted by BERTO1230781 View Post
    jhall520 how did the install go???
    I'm actually looking to get it done by the end of this month. Have to get the money together for it to be done, but I will post back on this thread once it's completed. I can't wait!! lol
    JHall520's Showroom
    2013 2.0L SX Ebony Black

A place here in Cheytown has a deal going on this month, $299 installed, for a Viper remote start. I asked how it works with smart key, and he said that it will stay running, until you put foot on brake, THEN you have to actually start the car. ALL other functions work as intended. I'm thinking of going with it, it doesnt seem that big of a deal to have to start the car, once your inside. If I do, Ill let you all know how it goes. He did say it would be **** close to an all day deal, as compared to 2 or 3 hours for a regular install.

Oh wow old thread lol.. forgot I even created it.
    I went with the 5901 Viper system and used the FLCAN Bypass.. just as an FYI Hugh, there's a bypass called the Evo-All which will allow you start the car and will keep the car running when the door is opened. The FLCAN shuts the car off when the door is opened.. I wish I had known about the evo-all at the time of my install.
    JHall520's Showroom
    2013 2.0L SX Ebony Black

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast