Lap3 uncle chip vs concept3 chip??
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: Lap3 uncle chip vs concept3 chip??

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model

Lap3 uncle chip vs concept3 chip??

Anybody knows what's the best choice I know concepts is new but it's a way cheaper price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Trim
    SX 2.0T
    Hmm, never heard of concept3 chip but I wouldn't want to screw around with something that just came out and I would stick with getting the Lap3 tune, it's been proving, tested, and I'm sure you've seen all the great reviews about it so yeah Lap3 ftw

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Concept3 is new just came out December 9 check them out in Facebook and yes I know uncle chip is good. $589 compared to $399 not bad plus apart plugs $99....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Model
    2011 SX
    The 'chip' they are selling is from a company that has been tuning and designing tuning tools for BMW (particularly the Mini) for years (2008?), this isn't their first rodeo. http://www.bytetronik.com

Another thing to keep in mind is what these 'chips' actually do and how basic they are. The MAP sensor reads pressure and relays it to the ECU in volts, say a range of 0.00 - 5.00 on a scale as it relates to pressure. The ECU uses the voltage values to increase or decrease boost. These 'chips' sit inline between the MAP and the ecu and simply use resistors to report lower values so the ECU will command a higher boost. There have been mods out for years where people create their own 'chips' with just a couple resistors.
    Last edited by stoli; 12-26-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Cannot comment on the "other chip" as there is not any info or data shown on a website anywhere to show what exactly it is and what it covers. (I'm sure info is coming soon) However I have seen the IG post about it and FB posts as well.

The LAP3 chip has been around for a bit over 6 months now in the US, with a tad over 215 units sold to date. Only time will tell whether this new product is "better" or able to compete with the current LAP3 chip.

8. The Following User Says Kudos to K5 Optima Store For This Useful Post:

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Thanks all for the input.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    FWIW - I was looking to purchase one of these to hold me over while I waited to purchase a full canned tune after the Lap3 canned tune is released and some reviews/BTR comparisons start coming in. Although the Bytetronik chip was very appealing due to the price point, I ultimately went with the Lap3 Uncle chip due to all the positive feedback it has received in the past 6 months or so and the fact that Lap3 specializes in Korean cars while Bytetronik focuses on BMW's/Minis.

David @ K5 Optima Store is selling the Lap3 chip for almost $90 off until Thursday night. The current price point is about what people are selling used chips for.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements