What do you guys think about trading in 2013sx...
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: What do you guys think about trading in 2013sx...

Riding Lawn Mower

What do you guys think about trading in 2013sx...

Just curious what you guys think about trading in a 2013 sx with 100k trouble free miles for a 2019 ex with premium. The biggest things I was looking for was Android auto and the smart cruise control to help with my daily nightmare commute. Looks like the decontented a few things like power folding mirrors and heated rear seats. But it has the latest safety tech and better mileage. It's also 100k newer.

I'm curious would people just keep the 2013 or if buying a 2019 upgrade to the sx? If so why? Or even go for another brand for Android auto and smart cruise. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Almost forgot to mention my dealer is offering me around $6900 and there are $4000 Kia rebates...

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Model
    Optima SWP
    Trim
    EX
    I've been in your shoes about wanting to upgrade and I keep telling myself to wait.

- Next calendar year should bring an all new Optima and with the details we've been getting about the new Sonata, things looks pretty good for the Optima since they've always shared powertrains. So maybe the new 2.5 T pushing 300 hp with rumored all wheel drive and an 8 speed auto. This would satisfy the power requirement you have on your current SX. The 2019 EX gets you a clunky DCT and a much less powerful engine.

- Your engine is covered pretty much until the wheels fall off so there's no need to fret about engine issues.

- Those incentives look really good but I'd hate to have a new car and then next year something awesome comes out and it wouldn't be financially wise to trade again. And yeah they're always introducing new features but I think the 2021 Optima will be the one to get. I'm hoping at least.
    Premium & Technology Packages
    LED Taillights
    LED Bumper Lights
    5500K TRS HID Retrofit
    K&N Drop-in filter
    50 W CREE LED Reverse Lights
    LED Interior
    K5 Trunk Emblem

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Hah thanks for the feedback. We need a trade in itch support group.

Even worse for me is I just bought 4 new snow tires and rims! And the 19 optima ex uses 17 inch tires!

Not to mention we just paid cash for a loaded 2019 Sorrento ex with touring package so I'm kinda out of money for awhile. The $5000 bonus cash was too hard to pass up when the 11.5 year old Jeep ac gave up the ghost and was big bucks to get fixed.

I will say used sedan prices have spiked recently due to the recent flooding problems destroying many vehicles.

Definitely smart to keep waiting but was just wondering what everyone thought.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements