What do you guys think about trading in 2013sx... - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys think about trading in 2013sx...

Riding Lawn Mower
    Yeah but in the case of the 1.6l turbo on the ex and the 2.0l turbo on the sx the 0-60 time is only .1 second difference! This is because the 1.6l is around 350 pounds lighter! So the ex seems like the better engine with much better fuel efficiency with a loss of literally unnoticeable speed and torque differences.

Quote Originally Posted by uo1drama View Post
    Yeah this is always a tough one. I went from a 2013 LX to a 2016 SX and couldn't have been happier except the loss of HP between '15+. Needless to say I won't go back now, the SX is loaded with features and the few things that make the difference to me (aka no matter how much I modded my LX i would have never had) included (but not limited to) turbo, moon roof.
    Personally, you're going to miss the feeling of an SX if you step down but may get better gas mileage as a result.
    In all honesty, I have convinced myself i'm keeping my '16 for a "very long time" until I read this thread and mention of a 300HP 2021. lol .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

low
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    OPTIMA
    Trim
    SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Freetree123 View Post
    Just curious what you guys think about trading in a 2013 sx with 100k trouble free miles for a 2019 ex with premium. The biggest things I was looking for was Android auto and the smart cruise control to help with my daily nightmare commute. Looks like the decontented a few things like power folding mirrors and heated rear seats. But it has the latest safety tech and better mileage. It's also 100k newer.

I'm curious would people just keep the 2013 or if buying a 2019 upgrade to the sx? If so why? Or even go for another brand for Android auto and smart cruise. Thanks!!!
    I would say NO
    I switched out my head unit with a JVC Android Auto unit for $500 parts & labor

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by Freetree123 View Post
    Yeah but in the case of the 1.6l turbo on the ex and the 2.0l turbo on the sx the 0-60 time is only .1 second difference! This is because the 1.6l is around 350 pounds lighter! So the ex seems like the better engine with much better fuel efficiency with a loss of literally unnoticeable speed and torque differences.
    That may be so, but one cannot ignore the huge difference in torque numbers between the 1.6 and 2.0, especially where the torque band on the 2.0 is flatter and comes on earlier (1350-4000 rpm) compared to that on the 1.6 (1500-4500 rpm). Also there have been some complaints on the feel of the DCT shifting used with the 1.6...but in any case I'm not here to knock anyone for choosing to purchase one trim over another--as long as the car does what you want/need it to do, then that's all that matters.

Minor nitpick--according to the Kia website, the (curb) weight difference between the 2019 EX and SX models is 273 pounds; not sure where you got the 350 lb. figure from.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Quote Originally Posted by low View Post

I would say NO
    I switched out my head unit with a JVC Android Auto unit for $500 parts & labor
    The biggest feature I would like is smart cruise for all the stop and go heavy traffic on the hiway along with blind spot monitoring auto stop and parking assist. Android auto is just a bonus as I have a magnetic mount for my note 9 anyway which gives me a pretty huge screen for Waze. I also have it auto create a destination and play streaming music. Very cool.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    [

Minor nitpick--according to the Kia website, the (curb) weight difference between the 2019 EX and SX models is 273 pounds; not sure where you got the 350 lb. figure from.
    With all the heavy traffic I'm always in going to and from work I think I'd rather get better mileage. The 273 pounds must be right. I might have conflated different model years and engines. Thanks for the correction. That is still almost a 10% weight difference.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    I hear ya on choosing fuel economy over power; however, the features on the (2018) SXL that are not available at all (even as an option) on the lower trims outweighed having to accept the 2.0L as the only available engine choice when I was deciding as to which Optima trim I wanted to have. That, plus for those folks looking to squeeze as much power out of their Optimas as possible, the 2.0 is the best--if not only--choice for doing so.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12