MomoSuperSpeed's Showroom - "Turbo Boo Boo" 2013 Kia Optima SXL
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: MomoSuperSpeed's Showroom - "Turbo Boo Boo" 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Riding Lawn Mower MomoSuperSpeed's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima 2.0L Turbo
    Trim
    SXL

MomoSuperSpeed's Showroom - "Turbo Boo Boo" 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Greetings All!
    I figured I shouldn't keep posting in my intro thread, been here for a few weeks so im not that super new anymore LOL. I think I will put all the updates for my faithful car here in this thread. For those who dont know, I recently obtained a 2013 KIA Optima SXL and hes the reincarnation of my old 2012 KIA Rio SX that I've named Boo Boo. This time around I'm not waiting till hes paid off to add cool stuff. That was what I had planned for my original car and with 9 months left to pay it off someone decided to total it. So I'm jumping right into it! Doing appearances first, dont wanna mess with performance mods just yet.

My friend's car parked next to mine, we used to be twins before that fateful day. Oh well...I'm bigger now!

First things first...Sticker Bomb!

Also added this scar mark on the right headlight since that reflects the accident we went through, that was the point of impact. I think it makes him look awesome.

Second, those OEM badges gotta go

Third, I got my turbo badge in the mail, YAY! Weather permitting I'll be putting this on this weekend. But its been raining like crazy lately...so we'll see!

Last weekend I also got my LED interior light kit to replace those boring looking yellow lights. So I spent part of my Saturday changing all the interior lights, dome lights, trunk and license plate lights. Kit didnt come with a light for the glove box though, and of course that was the 1 light that was actually blown out...so ebay it is! I also have an IKON motorsports front lip spoiler that just arrived in a big ol' box. That is gonna sit in a corner for a while till I can get it painted and installed. Also got a rear spoiler coming from...who knows LOL Decided to take a chance, we'll see what it's like when it gets here lmao.

Watch out for more updates. Got more stuff coming in the mail

2. The Following User Says Kudos to MomoSuperSpeed For This Useful Post:

3. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Nice mods so far, can’t wait to see what else you do to it. Just purchased the same year and trim and have been checking out others to see what I might done on mine. I’m thinking lights first. Any suggestions?

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima 2.0L Turbo
    Trim
    SXL
    Oh the showroom is finally up, cool! Got some updates since I first posted.

Got that T-Badge on

Haha surprise parking lot car meet

The body kit stuff all came in the mail. Need to save a few pennies before this goes on the car.

Replaced OEM badges with blackout badges. Cant find a black SXL anywhere so I plasti-dipped it Lol

More stickers! Gotta represent!

Yeah I know they are crappy and OEM...but they are CLEAN! This is right after I got Boo Boo detailed for the carshow tomorrow!

That's whats happened thus far. More stuff to come of course! I plan to get windows tinted soon and chrome delete all that chrome. Whether that's gonna be vinyl or plasti-dip I'll figure that out. Kinda leaning more towards vinyl because I want it to look more like carbon fiber and I wont have to worry about the stuff peeling off like with the dip.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNickey View Post
    Nice mods so far, can’t wait to see what else you do to it. Just purchased the same year and trim and have been checking out others to see what I might done on mine. I’m thinking lights first. Any suggestions?
    Hmm, you could go with lights, but nice ones can get pretty pricey. I hate the OEM ones that have the mismatching halogen shroud in there. I want the dual projector headlights but they cost 1 grand. Good lights can get pretty expensive that's why I went with simpler mods. There's some other stuff you could get first starting out. I think even the carbon fiber hood with the cool vents are cheaper than those headlights by a couple of hundred bucks.
    Last edited by MomoSuperSpeed; 03-02-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Boo Boo II - 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    MomoSuperSpeed's Showroom

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima 2.0L Turbo
    Trim
    SXL
    Back again with a few things. Little things here and there.

Engine bay has a little bit going on now. Got some dress up bolts on there and added a little decal. Not too much else is gonna happen here for now.

Got Boo Boo registered with the KDM Registry

Now just need to convince my buddies to do that too! Aww I miss when we used to be twins...

Me and the buddies started a car club called Skynet Squad. My friend in the Rio is part of it and got another buddy with an F-150 hes working on. Just the 3 of us for now but we'll grow!

And finally decided to pull the trigger on this DIY mod on my tires. Got myself some Sharpie paint pens and went to town lol. Took forever to do all 4 tires!

Really improves the overall look and makes him stand out a little bit. I wonder how long they will hold up. So far its been 1 week. If it can stay on for the rest of the year that'd be awesome LOL.

Some warmer weather is finally rolling in. Tinted windows is next on my list. That see through look has got to go before the summer hits. It gets pretty hot down here.
    Last edited by MomoSuperSpeed; 03-25-2019 at 10:08 PM.

01/2015 ROTM
    05/2015 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2013 SXL
    Trim
    "Modified"
    Looking good !.......try not to get carried away like I did !!

https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Great start to things! I love the work you did on the tires. If you really like the idea, you can always buy permanent color rubber pieces that attach. Just FYI. Looks like the rear wing is the one I run. I see very very few of them so welcome to that crowd. However, whats with the Japanese band aide sticker on the rea bumper? … can we leave that off?

Any thoughts on lowering the car... springs, coils or air?
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Awesome start to your build.

Glad to see you have a showroom done here to keep track of the progress along the way!

Thank you for your business with us and for your continued support!

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima 2.0L Turbo
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio Kia View Post
    Looking good !.......try not to get carried away like I did !!

https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html

Hey good to see you! Your ride was definitely some inspiration for some things I'm adding to my car. I don't know how carried away I'll get. I guess we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    Great start to things! I love the work you did on the tires. If you really like the idea, you can always buy permanent color rubber pieces that attach. Just FYI. Looks like the rear wing is the one I run. I see very very few of them so welcome to that crowd. However, whats with the Japanese band aide sticker on the rea bumper? … can we leave that off?

Any thoughts on lowering the car... springs, coils or air?
    Hey thanks! Took like 3 days to paint the tires. VERY time consuming, but I like how it turned out. A week and a half in and the letters are still on through rain and commuting, so far so good. Hope it lasts a while. I may do the permanent tire lettering thing with my next set of tires. Depends how long the painted letters hold up cause permanent letters are like $80 and a sharpie paint pen is like $5.

The bandaid sticker stays, it has a story behind it.

My old 2012 Rio had a little accident in the same spot on the rear bumper. Couldn't fix the little crease at the time so I put a bandaid sticker back there to cover it. It's kinda how Boo Boo got his name. When I lost my old car in a wreck and got the new one I put the bandaid back there since this was gonna be Boo Boo II. Added flames for turbocharged goodness May be tacky or out of place cause its japanese and the car is korean, but I like anime so it works LOL

I'm not satisfied with the rear lip spoiler KIA put on our optimas. I saw a few of you guys with that cool looking wing and I had to have it. I scoured the internet for that rear wing. Was not easy to find, and took forever to ship overseas. Going to be a pain to put on unless I just get another trunk that doesnt have a spoiler. But I'll cross that bridge later.

For now, not gonna lower it. Even when I get around to having the body kit put on. Yeah I know, not slammed but body kit LOL Theres too many places around where I drive where I could scrape though. (Speed bumps/speed tables crazy inclines.) Its already lower than most sedans at stock height in my opinion. I'm already low enough to tear off my front bumper in some parking spots with the concrete curb in front. If I do get around to it, air would have to be the way. That way at least I can raise it when im driving and not worry about scraping anything.
    Last edited by MomoSuperSpeed; 03-27-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima 2.0L Turbo
    Trim
    SXL
    Another weekend another update.

Got a quote from a shop that said they will paint and install my body kit for a little more than $900. So im like screw it, I'll do it myself LOL So with that I've slapped on the front lip.

I think it turned out pretty good! Had to use a heat gun to shape it on. A couple of days of sitting out in a hot parking lot should do the rest. Need to have it shaped to the car before I go and paint it. The paint, thats going to be a very interesting thing to tackle later... Snow White Pearl...

I also added this bumper protector thing in the back. It was a real pain to put on and I dont think it fit perfectly. I had a lot of trouble and theres little bumps and creases to show it. I'm probably going to end up redoing this later as im not 100% happy with it. But from a distance looks real nice. Next time maybe I'll go with a carbon fiber wrap.

I'll eventually get all the body kit and spoiler put on, but for now I'm gonna go with the front lip. Windshield is going to be replaced real soon! I can only tolerate that rock chip from the Miami trip for so long. Afterwards all the windows are getting tinted 35% and the new windshield will get a sunstrip for those morning commutes.
    Last edited by MomoSuperSpeed; 04-21-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    14 lx
    Try this out. Saw a couple of videos on YouTube. Turned out pretty nice. Just prime it first, wet sand the hit it with this base coat and get yourself a 2k clear and you should be golden.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho.../buypaint.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements