Green_Lantern's Showroom - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green_Lantern's Showroom

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    2018 Kia Optima Sport
    Trim
    Sport
    That's a nice looking car. Not my style, but nice nonetheless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    It has been a long time since I've posted in my showroom and not much has been done physically to my Optima due to an extensive honey-do list (thanks to an older home) and work. But this lull has given me a great opportunity to do a lot of research and planning on specific modifications which in turn has given me a clearer vision of what I want. Plus it has given me time to save and do things right and truly set a realistic goal, Winterfest, December 7th, 2019.

So for some update:

Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    Manual management huh? Everyone runs deals on tanks and struts and stuff. shop around.
    Jason I thought about your advise and did some research. I was going to do a quick and cheap route for a instant gratification and honestly didn't think of the headaches that would come from "simplicity". With other cars I have built or have helped build, I always took my time and sourced out the right parts. Lapse in judgement on my part but I feel like I'm back on track:

I have a new other odds and ins that I need decide on with regards to the set up.

Part of my research for what I want led me to ECU re-flash tune from LAP3 and then in turn the decision of meth injection. Found a lot of great sources on here in which I saved a lot of notes on and pulled the trigger on the actual kit and the purchase of the tune from LAP3 and the 2.5 tune for the meth injection.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to install either the tune or meth injection yet, due to being sick and unpredictable work schedule but hoping to get this done this weekend or next.

I also have made some "splurge" purchases in which I'm excited about just because of the functionality and possibilities if I go down an audio overhaul.

I've made a few other purchases but they have not arrived yet but will be here soon

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Lantern View Post
    It has been a long time since I've posted in my showroom and not much has been done physically to my Optima due to an extensive honey-do list (thanks to an older home) and work. But this lull has given me a great opportunity to do a lot of research and planning on specific modifications which in turn has given me a clearer vision of what I want. Plus it has given me time to save and do things right and truly set a realistic goal, Winterfest, December 7th, 2019.

So for some update:

Jason I thought about your advise and did some research. I was going to do a quick and cheap route for a instant gratification and honestly didn't think of the headaches that would come from "simplicity". With other cars I have built or have helped build, I always took my time and sourced out the right parts. Lapse in judgement on my part but I feel like I'm back on track:

I have a new other odds and ins that I need decide on with regards to the set up.

Part of my research for what I want led me to ECU re-flash tune from LAP3 and then in turn the decision of meth injection. Found a lot of great sources on here in which I saved a lot of notes on and pulled the trigger on the actual kit and the purchase of the tune from LAP3 and the 2.5 tune for the meth injection.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to install either the tune or meth injection yet, due to being sick and unpredictable work schedule but hoping to get this done this weekend or next.

I also have made some "splurge" purchases in which I'm excited about just because of the functionality and possibilities if I go down an audio overhaul.

I've made a few other purchases but they have not arrived yet but will be here soon
    Very nice, new goodies!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    That is awesome buddy! I need to update my showroom as well. Congrats on the tune. And the meth kit. And the new suspension; you did well there! Like you I have a new tune, meth kit and suspension as well but haven't had time to install it yet. Hope to get it done over the next month or two. Tons of house and yard work for me as well. Enjoy and post when you get something accomplished (I will too!)
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    Very nice, new goodies!!
    Thanks! You have helped a lot recently in getting me some needed supporting cast (Plugs, catch can, exhaust). I have not forgot about the red ring for the catch can. I will have that back to you soon. Thanks again for being so flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    That is awesome buddy! I need to update my showroom as well. Congrats on the tune. And the meth kit. And the new suspension; you did well there! Like you I have a new tune, meth kit and suspension as well but haven't had time to install it yet. Hope to get it done over the next month or two. Tons of house and yard work for me as well. Enjoy and post when you get something accomplished (I will too!)
    Thanks man! It is super annoying that it's all sitting there but it's my own fault but like you mentioned priorities. Happy wife= happy life which equals a less upset wife when new parts arrive

Should be having some additional updates soon in regards to parts hoarding and finally some install.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Lantern View Post
    Thanks! You have helped a lot recently in getting me some needed supporting cast (Plugs, catch can, exhaust). I have not forgot about the red ring for the catch can. I will have that back to you soon. Thanks again for being so flexible!
    You're very welcome and thank you for your business with us and support.

Ahh ok good, glad you didn't forget. No worries, just send it on back when you have a moment!

9. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123